The Student Room Group

Single dad. Oldest daughter.my periodm

I am the eldest daughter. Have 2 younger sisters and younger brother.
If I start my period, I have noone to tall to about (if I need a woman to talk about it to) even though dad has brought pads and makesures they are all stocked up. I have been told what to do and how to change. My dad ensures my bed sheets are dark colour so I do not get embarassed if I leak.
He has told me if I leak it's not a problem and to just put my clothes in the washing.
He has told me to keep extra pads with me in my school bad and extra pair of trousers and knickers In case I ever leak in school.

Sometimes I want a woman to talk about this to i have a teacher who is female and I can talk to her about things. She has been always there when i needed her.
Is it okay if I talk to my teacher about my period if I have any questions or need to talk?
Sounds like your dad is really supportive and an overall great dad!

I doubt they’d be any issues talking to a female teacher, they are trained to support students.

But don’t you have a female family member to talk to? Eg. Aunty, Grandma
Original post by Anonymous
I am the eldest daughter. Have 2 younger sisters and younger brother.
If I start my period, I have noone to tall to about (if I need a woman to talk about it to) even though dad has brought pads and makesures they are all stocked up. I have been told what to do and how to change. My dad ensures my bed sheets are dark colour so I do not get embarassed if I leak.
He has told me if I leak it's not a problem and to just put my clothes in the washing.
He has told me to keep extra pads with me in my school bad and extra pair of trousers and knickers In case I ever leak in school.

Sometimes I want a woman to talk about this to i have a teacher who is female and I can talk to her about things. She has been always there when i needed her.
Is it okay if I talk to my teacher about my period if I have any questions or need to talk?

You can talk to me. I am a nurse and I have a daughter whom is now 25. When she was younger, her friends would come to me . It is a lovely time and also a difficult time. I am here to help. You can message me,

Your dad sounds great though
Sounds like your dad has already talked to you about it more than my mother ever did. She just handed me a pack of sanitary towels the day I started and that was it. 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending