I just got my GCSE results and want to join the police force. Watch

Aguy12345
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got my results and passed 6 including maths and English. What’s the best way to go about joining the police force at this stage and age?
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
get in quick because you'll soon need a degree for a car-park attendant (meaning no disrespect to car parking experts)
Aguy12345
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
LuigiMario how do I go about getting in quick though?
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
One of my friends volunteered for an unpaid PCSO support rôle, which is always a great way into an institution. Either, apply locally - or travel to where there is recruitment, (I did read about detectives needed on Falkland Islands, bit of a commute - and you’d need quite a few years of training)

I did find this terrible “click-bait” website, http://policerecruitments.com/cheshi...tabulary-jobs/
But you might get some background info there , if it’s not a scam, be cautious

Another vaguely possible alternative is to join the UK armed services, try to move to “MOD-plod” as they are affectionally known, or finally get a degree in Sociology with criminology modules - that way you might have a very interesting & worthwhile career
PCJelly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aguy12345)
I got my results and passed 6 including maths and English. What’s the best way to go about joining the police force at this stage and age?
You have to be 18 to join the Police Force.
Are you fresh out of school or college/uni?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads