The Student Room Group

Degree Apprentiships when I already have a degree?

So, I finished my degree a few months ago and I've been job hunting since. I made a serious mistake with my degree, hated it and don't want to go on to do my masters in it. I have been unable to find a job and I feel like a huge failure.

However, I have found an apprentiship that I am interested in and they help you work towards a degree to. But...do they fund this? As I already have a degree I can't get student finance, so if i wanted to go back to university I would have to pay myself and that isn't possuble. But through an apprentiship am I still expected to pay for it or do they?

*Also looking at options for college level not just degree*

Thanks for any help.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by RachelRay219
So, I finished my degree a few months ago and I've been job hunting since. I made a serious mistake with my degree, hated it and don't want to go on to do my masters in it. I have been unable to find a job and I feel like a huge failure.

However, I have found an apprentiship that I am interested in and they help you work towards a degree to. But...do they fund this? As I already have a degree I can't get student finance, so if i wanted to go back to university I would have to pay myself and that isn't possuble. But through an apprentiship am I still expected to pay for it or do they?

Thanks for any help.

Wait which degree did you do?
Original post by Anonymous
Wait which degree did you do?

Psychology at Northumbria :'(
Reply 3
Original post by RachelRay219

*Also looking at options for college level not just degree*

Thanks for any help.

It really depends on the company. For some companies degree programme, they don't mind if you have a degree as far as it's not a similar subject as the programme your applying for, while some straight out say you must not have a qualification of the same level or higher.

What job sector are you looking at applying for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending