Failed English Literature GCSE will it affect me? Watch

Virgo7890
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So overall I have 6 GCSEs but I failed English lit.I don’t plan on doing it a level or anything but shall I resit it? I’m scared that this will affect me while I’m applying for jobs and when I apply for university.
username4911280
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Virgo7890)
So overall I have 6 GCSEs but I failed English lit.I don’t plan on doing it a level or anything but shall I resit it? I’m scared that this will affect me while I’m applying for jobs and when I apply for university.
For most courses at university you need a pass in English. If you don't resit it you won't get in (to any decent ones anyway). Employers will also question why you don't have the qualification when most people have it. So yes, you definitely should resit it and it will affect you.
Djtoodles
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends how did you do in language? I didnt pass literature either but I got language and had no problem with uni or work. In fact i have yet to be asked if I have a qualification in lit, but i have had several jobs where language was a requirement.
Virgo7890
Rep:
?
(Original post by Djtoodles)
Depends how did you do in language? I didnt pass literature either but I got language and had no problem with uni or work. In fact i have yet to be asked if I have a qualification in lit, but i have had several jobs where language was a requirement.
I got 5 in language
Virgo7890
Rep:
?
(Original post by _polaroid)
For most courses at university you need a pass in English. If you don't resit it you won't get in (to any decent ones anyway). Employers will also question why you don't have the qualification when most people have it. So yes, you definitely should resit it and it will affect you.
I’ve taken a look at a few courses at uni and all of them have required English language at grade 4 (which I have) but I haven’t seen any requirements for English lit, I was just wondering if I should retake it just in case
username4911280
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’ve taken a look at a few courses at uni and all of them have required English language at grade 4 (which I have) but I haven’t seen any requirements for English lit, I was just wondering if I should retake it just in case
Well my opinion is that you should.
Ali.maxwell
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I got 5 in language
That's fine man I got a c in lang and d in lit n I got to kcl now so it wont really affect u just make sure u have solid alevels or btec
Virgo7890
Rep:
?
(Original post by _polaroid)
Well my opinion is that you should.
Okay thanks for the help, I think I will then.
Virgo7890
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ali.maxwell)
That's fine man I got a c in lang and d in lit n I got to kcl now so it wont really affect u just make sure u have solid alevels or btec
Thanks that’s reassuring, and congrats,what are you studying?
iamverydead
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Language is the important one! I feel like though, do your research for the courses you want to do! That way you may find out more, goodluck of you decide to resit it, or goodluck w ur a levels!
Bandanadude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Resitting would be an absolute waste of time. You literally already have one English GCSE. You don’t need to waste time to get the other one but that’s just my opinion. I’d move on.
Ali.maxwell
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks that’s reassuring, and congrats,what are you studying?
Biomedical engineering dont stress ro much in my ucas application I didnt even mention my lit grade
MinaBee
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You only need to pass language. Don't waste your time resitting lit.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You should resit it. Otherwise, all of your future employers etc might think you're illiterate.
petitcroissant
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
language is the only one that really matters long term. But if u wanna resit alongsid then go ahead cause you should already have your notes plus you can get notes from your friends that passed, good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (26)
6.6%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (230)
58.38%
No (138)
35.03%

Watched Threads