International Trade Trainee - Department for International Trade (2019) Watch

Maja190
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Has anyone gone for this opportunity and is waiting for an update? Waiting eagerly!
Ark3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Maja190)
Has anyone gone for this opportunity and is waiting for an update? Waiting eagerly!
Hey Maja190! Yes I've also applied, just heard that I have a video interview today Have you had any updates? I don't know what to expect, I still haven't received the link to the actual interview...
Maja190
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ark3)
Hey Maja190! Yes I've also applied, just heard that I have a video interview today Have you had any updates? I don't know what to expect, I still haven't received the link to the actual interview...
Awesome, congratulations! I also have a video interview to do. The link should be with you now as I received mine shortly after the first email, we only have a few days to complete it btw!
Ark3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Maja190)
Awesome, congratulations! I also have a video interview to do. The link should be with you now as I received mine shortly after the first email, we only have a few days to complete it btw!
Thanks, you too! Yep its a tight deadline haha- good luck, fingers crossed!
Rachieroo27
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey guys, i've also got through to the video interview. What time exactly is the deadline on the 1st September? I'm working every day until Sunday and trying to work out when to do it! (Such a quick turnaround!)
whizz-kid
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rachieroo27)
Hey guys, i've also got through to the video interview. What time exactly is the deadline on the 1st September? I'm working every day until Sunday and trying to work out when to do it! (Such a quick turnaround!)
I believe it's 1am on Sunday
Maja190
Rep:
?
Hey everyone,

Just completed the video interview, I would say make sure to read up on behaviours and know your reasons for applying for the role. Personally I felt that video interviews and timeframes are horrible for people who like to talk alot in interviews like me lol, but I made sure to squeeze in what I had prepared beforehand. Just a hopeful wait now...
Wallethero
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I also got to video interview, but it was a total disaster so that is the end of the road for me.

Only 1 competency question but 3 practice questions? And no asking for why we want to join? Strangest video interview I've done, but it was fun while it lasted.

Good luck to everyone that has applied, hopefully the assessment centres aren't too painful. I expect y'all to become trade commissioners, ya hear?
NoiKeomany
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sometimes it will may be appear that you don't expect.
you always care of your mind in your around.
once you look around, and think again.
perhaps you will be well.
please contact to me
Maja190
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wallethero)
I also got to video interview, but it was a total disaster so that is the end of the road for me.

Only 1 competency question but 3 practice questions? And no asking for why we want to join? Strangest video interview I've done, but it was fun while it lasted.

Good luck to everyone that has applied, hopefully the assessment centres aren't too painful. I expect y'all to become trade commissioners, ya hear?
Don't count yourself out yet until its all said and done, as the saying goes.

I also felt it was strange, definitely unorthodox as their interview questions don't usually go that way (I've been to a fair few Civil Service interviews). Some questions did catch me off-guard, especially the last one, but I just tried to stick to the competencies and behaviours they are looking for. I think they will overlook other minor things, keep hope!
Last edited by Maja190; 1 week ago
whizz-kid
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Has anyone heard back since the video interview...?
Maja190
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by whizz-kid)
Nope, still quiet on my front...
Ark3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by whizz-kid)
Same here, no news yet!
Maja190
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
Hey all, has anybody heard back yet? This long-winded process, have never enjoyed the wait lol
Wallethero
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Haven't had my rejection yet, they must be a bit busy with all this brexit stuff.
danm22
Rep:
?
Report 23 hours ago
Out of interest, does your 'application status' say 'invited to 1st interview' or 'scheduled for 1st interview' ?
Wallethero
Rep:
?
Report 23 hours ago
It says scheduled.
danm22
Rep:
?
Report 22 hours ago
(Original post by Wallethero)
It says scheduled.
Huh, mine too! Changed today. I wasn't sure whether it was of any significance.
whizz-kid
Rep:
?
Report 22 hours ago
Mine says scheduled for 1st interview which is an update since I checked yesterday although i have already done the video interview...

(Original post by danm22)
Out of interest, does your 'application status' say 'invited to 1st interview' or 'scheduled for 1st interview' ?
Maja190
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 22 hours ago
(Original post by danm22)
Hmm mine says scheduled for 1st interview too. Its an update for sure, but I don't think its a positive or negative thing, just an update.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (198)
24.15%
Pop (202)
24.63%
Jazz (33)
4.02%
Classical (46)
5.61%
Hip-Hop (155)
18.9%
Electronic (54)
6.59%
Indie (132)
16.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise