University of Leeds Medicine 2019 Unconditional offer holders Watch

Poll: Are you getting accomodation or living at home?
Home (0)
0%
Accomodation (2)
100%
Asd901
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Does anyone know if a we have to buy a stethoscope for the first year?
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
TwistedIvy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Asd901)
Does anyone know if a we have to buy a stethoscope for the first year?
Heya, I'm not studying Medicine but I looked on the course page for you and it says:

"For the medical course you will need to purchase books and equipment, such as white coats, stethoscopes and pass cards. You may also have to meet some travel costs whilst on placement." - https://courses.leeds.ac.uk/5580/med...-surgery-mbchb

I think during your induction they will tell you about what you need to buy and when, so it might not necessarily be in first year, but just be prepared for when you do have to buy all this stuff
Asd901
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TwistedIvy)
Heya, I'm not studying Medicine but I looked on the course page for you and it says:

"For the medical course you will need to purchase books and equipment, such as white coats, stethoscopes and pass cards. You may also have to meet some travel costs whilst on placement." - https://courses.leeds.ac.uk/5580/med...-surgery-mbchb

I think during your induction they will tell you about what you need to buy and when, so it might not necessarily be in first year, but just be prepared for when you do have to buy all this stuff
Thanks!!
TwistedIvy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Asd901)
Thanks!!
No problemo, and congratulations on getting into Leeds for Medicine!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (10)
5.81%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (98)
56.98%
No (64)
37.21%

Watched Threads