?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello All

In my GCSE’s I got as follows
Grade 8- 1
Grade 7- 3
Grade 6 - 4
Grade 5 - 2

These are a solid set of results but I realise that people who apply to Oxford for PPE will have done much better than me. In sept I am going into sixth form and will be doing Politics maths history and economics. Are these good subjects for PPE? If I am really passionate and do well in a levels and am really passionate about this course, would it still be a point in applying. Also could a good set of TSA results make up for bad gcse grades?

There are no extenuating circumstances which led to my gcse results and I go to a high achieving school so will my application be rejected immediately?
LFCfan2019
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello.

I am in a very similar position to you, with almost identical GCSE results, but am applying this October.

I am predicted A*A*A in Politics, English Language and Economics. Unlike me, you will be studying Maths as well as History, which is perfect for PPE at Oxford!

Like you, I see my chances of getting an offer as slim due to prior attaintment (although I did and still do extenuating circumstances).

If you put the hard work in and get a good set of predicted grades, as well as things such a strong personal statement, wider reading, a good TSA result etc, then your passion will shine through and it'll put you in good stead.

I am very happy to advise on anything surrounding PPE as I approach my application in just over a month. Feel free to PM me.
Keir Starmer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by LFCfan2019)
Hello.

I am in a very similar position to you, with almost identical GCSE results, but am applying this October.

I am predicted A*A*A in Politics, English Language and Economics. Unlike me, you will be studying Maths as well as History, which is perfect for PPE at Oxford!

Like you, I see my chances of getting an offer as slim due to prior attaintment (although I did and still do extenuating circumstances).

If you put the hard work in and get a good set of predicted grades, as well as things such a strong personal statement, wider reading, a good TSA result etc, then your passion will shine through and it'll put you in good stead.

I am very happy to advise on anything surrounding PPE as I approach my application in just over a month. Feel free to PM me.
Hey There,

Thanks for your message and it is good to find someone in a similar situation to me. I have sent you a PM with all my further questions.

Many Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (140)
14.37%
I'm not sure (42)
4.31%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (291)
29.88%
I have already dropped out (25)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (476)
48.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise