The Student Room Group

When you've helped someone so much but...

I have given as much advice as I can to someone who is finding it difficult at home. Their family are not accepting them as LGBT and they came out to me. Ever since, (a few months now) I have listened and gave the best of advice. As I have been in this state myself in the past.

However, for me my parents eventually came around but hers will not. I feel really bad for her and really sympathise with her.
I do not know how to help her or what to do!
Y

Original post by Anonymous
I have given as much advice as I can to someone who is finding it difficult at home. Their family are not accepting them as LGBT and they came out to me. Ever since, (a few months now) I have listened and gave the best of advice. As I have been in this state myself in the past.

However, for me my parents eventually came around but hers will not. I feel really bad for her and really sympathise with her.
I do not know how to help her or what to do!

You have done everything you can- I haven't experience this situation before so I am not much help
I think you should confront her parents and try to make them feel bad- it may seem a bit overkill but if they don't accept their own daughter being LGBTQ then that is a sign of bad parenting
Reply 2
Original post by perplexed turtle
Y

You have done everything you can- I haven't experience this situation before so I am not much help
I think you should confront her parents and try to make them feel bad- it may seem a bit overkill but if they don't accept their own daughter being LGBTQ then that is a sign of bad parenting

Thank you and I do not know her parents or anyone, although from what I have heard they are nice people. And also, I do not think my profession allows me to speak to parents about this. I have no clue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending