Gsce are soon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have to do 2 paragraphs about an old comic, book, newspaper, magazine etc and for my second paragraph I have to compare it to either a new comic, book, newspaper etc I also have to include the purpose, primary audience, secondary audience and the relationship between the product, audience and purpose.
I also have to do another 2 paragraphs about interactive such as video games, social media etc about the differences between the past and present again. Please can someone help me as I wasn't in for the lessons when they was taught any help will be appreciated

These are the paragraphs I did for the audio/moving sector.

I have compared an old Cadbury's advert to a new Cadbury's advert. One media sector that I am going to look at is the audio/moving image. This sector includes media products such as podcasts and tv adverts. The purpose of the past Cadbury's gorilla advert was to sell the product to the target audience of children and adults who like chocolate or who want to buy it as a birthday gift or for any other event such as Easter. Children are supposed to find the advert funny which may make them want to buy the product. This would appeal to a broader range of people who are wanting to buy the product and spread virally through opinions and communication to friends and family. People would carry on watching the advert because they’re curious about what the product is. The music on the advert was made by Phil Collins. It's called “In The Air Tonight”. It's a famous song and it's used here to grab the attention of adults and children. This advert encourages adults to carry on watching because it’s a song from the past that a lot of people enjoyed and this also keeps the children and adults in the modern era intrigued because it’s a gorilla playing drums and they think it’s strange in a fun kind of way. This advert was made on the 31st of August, 2007. However, it’s been 12 years since then and new adverts have been released for Cadbury's chocolate now.

The most recent advert was released on the 23rd of April, 2019. It's an emotional advert telling the story of a mum who finishes her shift at a fish and chip restaurant and rushes to pick her young daughter up from school. The mum is typically honest and hard working. This makes the audience empathise with her because she is 'one of us'. She is interrupted by what seems like an important phone call as they walk home. The little girl wanders into a corner shop/newsagent and decides to buy her mum a large bar of Dairy Milk. The little girl then approaches the man; however, she doesn't have any money, so she shyly takes a few little objects from her purse to "pay". She approaches the man behind the counter and asks to buy a large Cadbury's Dairy Milk chocolate bar for her mum's birthday and she then pays with a collection of tiny objects and her favourite toy unicorn. The shopkeeper raises his eyebrows and then accepts the offer of a button, a fake diamond ring and a plastic medal, before returning to her a toy unicorn as ‘change’. The shopkeeper ensures he doesn’t take the girl’s favourite toy of the unicorn. The shopkeeper isn’t making any actual money from it and it leaves him out of pocket; he behaves like this out of the kindness of his heart. It's cool that the shopkeeper is an Asian gentleman because it demonstrates cultural variation and he's certainly a positive character. Cadbury's chocolate is for everyone. The girl is able to leave the shop with her mum’s favourite bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk, and a smile on her face. The little girl hands the chocolate to her mum, wishing her a happy birthday. The advert then ends with the tagline, "There's a glass and a half in every one." This just tells you that the ‘glass and a half’ refers to the amount of milk used to make each half-pound of the chocolate but it also makes the metaphorical point that we're all capable of offering that extra 'half' and being kind to those around us.

In conclusion, Cadbury's presents itself as very entertaining, original and exciting in the first advert. In the second advert, the company present themselves as compassionate, community spirited and family orientated. I think that the first advert would appeal more to young people because it's zany and a bit crazy; however, the second advert would probably appeal more to parents and older people because its message is more wholesome and kind. It seems to me that this reflects society at the moment: I do think we need to show more compassion towards other people.

If there is anything you can help me with Id appreciate it a lot. I dont know what I can do for the other sectors tho as I aint a massive fan of reading and id like to get to know the meaning about the sectors so I have a better interpretation of them to get a better grade. Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?