My Epic Adventures of Year 12

Hey there guys, my name is Ellie. The subjects I will be taking include:

Maths

Biology

Chemistry

Physics

Best believe I'm aiming for 4A*s! :tongue:

This GYG will be full of tasks that I've completed, work experience/volunteering and anything else related to growing myself as a person. I also really want to try out one of the science challenges this year :biggrin:, I've always wanted to, but my high school didn't do it :redface:.

I don't really know what I want to do career wise, but I'm mainly interested in medicine or physics at university.

My GCSE Results:

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

good luck
Original post by streetdude28

Maths

Biology

Chemistry

Physics

This GYG will be full of tasks that I've completed, work experience/volunteering and anything else related to growing myself as a person. I also really want to try out one of the science challenges this year :biggrin:, I've always wanted to, but my high school didn't do it :redface:.

I don't really know what I want to do career wise, but I'm mainly interested in medicine or physics at university.

My GCSE Results:

Spoiler

Original post by mpaprika
good luck

Thank you, I'm hoping year 12 won't be too stressful 😂😂
Reply 3
Excellent GCSE grades and good luck! Starting to look at universities and potential courses now in year 12 is great! Oxford have their final open day of the year on Friday 20th September if it’s of any interest.

Wishing you the best 🌸
Update #1 - 26/08/19 :party:

Well guys, I feel I've been fairly productive :wink:. I'm really excited for going back to college, although I still have to go stationary shopping :colondollar:. I can't wait to get school work and organise it (I'm such a geek! :cool:), I just hope I enjoy it and the people that I meet. I'm certainty not looking forward to getting the train everyday :afraid:.

I'm nervous for Wednesday, that's my enrollment slot, I hope I don't get lost! On top of that I don't know anyone who's enrolling there :frown::s-smilie:.

My To Done List:

Chemistry flashcards on 1.1.1 and 1.2 (fundamental particles)

Physics flashcards on leptons :tongue:

Quadratic equation exercises in the CGP textbook.

I've spent most of my time preparing for the maths senior challenge :biggrin:, so I've been going through Dr frost slides on numbers (lots of prime and coprimes).

My weekly review - I evaluate how I feel about life and the past week and I remind myself about what's coming up and how I can improve I guess :colondollar:.

Biology Flashcard on mass movement in phloem :smile:

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Deggs_14
Excellent GCSE grades and good luck! Starting to look at universities and potential courses now in year 12 is great! Oxford have their final open day of the year on Friday 20th September if it’s of any interest.

Wishing you the best 🌸

Thanks! :biggrin: I love being prepared because I take ages to make a decision :colondollar:. What year are you in? :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Thanks! :biggrin: I love being prepared because I take ages to make a decision :colondollar:. What year are you in? :smile:

I’ve finished year 12 going into year 13. I recognise the content on the flashcards of the first chapter of the physics textbook haha :biggrin:
I’ve finished year 12 going into year 13. I recognise the content on the flashcards of the first chapter of the physics textbook haha :biggrin:

😂😂 I wish you the best of luck! How have you found Physics so far? 😊
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
😂😂 I wish you the best of luck! How have you found Physics so far? 😊

I don't do physics a level! But I've read the textbook a few times as there have been loads on the floor in the common room. I remember distinctly one time when I was skipping latin hymn practice and I learnt about quarks and hadrons. Apparently they exist but there is no evidence of them existing, only theory.

Maths

Biology

Chemistry

Physics

My GCSE Results:

Spoiler

Medicine?
Damn you have a good memory 😂😂

I don't do physics a level! But I've read the textbook a few times as there have been loads on the floor in the common room. I remember distinctly one time when I was skipping latin hymn practice and I learnt about quarks and hadrons. Apparently they exist but there is no evidence of them existing, only theory.
Original post by Sososnake
Medicine?

Yep, at university, its a very interesting career 😊
Yep, at university, its a very interesting career 😊

Same, except I’m a year above you 😁

Maths

Biology

Chemistry

Physics

My GCSE Results:

Spoiler

Update #1 - 26/08/19 :party:

Well guys, I feel I've been fairly productive :wink:. I'm really excited for going back to college, although I still have to go stationary shopping :colondollar:. I can't wait to get school work and organise it (I'm such a geek! :cool:), I just hope I enjoy it and the people that I meet. I'm certainty not looking forward to getting the train everyday :afraid:.

I'm nervous for Wednesday, that's my enrollment slot, I hope I don't get lost! On top of that I don't know anyone who's enrolling there :frown::s-smilie:.

My To Done List:

Chemistry flashcards on 1.1.1 and 1.2 (fundamental particles)

Physics flashcards on leptons :tongue:

Quadratic equation exercises in the CGP textbook.

I've spent most of my time preparing for the maths senior challenge :biggrin:, so I've been going through Dr frost slides on numbers (lots of prime and coprimes).

My weekly review - I evaluate how I feel about life and the past week and I remind myself about what's coming up and how I can improve I guess :colondollar:.

Biology Flashcard on mass movement in phloem :smile:

Snapchat-339073606.jpg

Wow your GCSE results are so good 👍
And you seem so prepared. Now I feel like I haven't done anything over the summer (mostly cos I didn't)

Anyway good luck. I hope you get those A*s :smile:
Update #2

I went to my college enrollment yesterday and it went really well :tongue:. Although it was a whirlwind of paper, which left me a bit rushed off my feet :s-smilie:, I did really like the people and the atmosphere :biggrin: (except this one woman who seems to dislike me, she was also my interviewer at the start of the year, lucky me our paths keep crossing :redface:. She kept trying to make me drop biology or maths which I need for my career and they are both subjects I really love. I'm not dropping them.

More good news, I found some people from my own school and others I've seen around my city, so I now have gym buddies :cool:.

My To Done List

1. Completed chemistry flashcards on mass spectrometry and Electron arrangement
2. Started researching about The EQP and the topic I think I'll choose (eco friendly buildings).
3. Physics flashcards on spectra and energy in Electrons
4. I've completed my chemistry Checklist for the school year.
5. I've created a college Timetable.
6. I've also started with my new meal plan.

I still need to get started on a new arm workout, and once I've done that, I can morph it into an upper and lower split. Also, I'm hoping to make a plan for the maths senior challenge and EPQ tomorrow
@sweatersquig @Tolgarda @jadarose
Attachment not found
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by JustAWxnderer
Wow your GCSE results are so good 👍
And you seem so prepared. Now I feel like I haven't done anything over the summer (mostly cos I didn't)

Anyway good luck. I hope you get those A*s :smile:

thank you so mucb! I was so shocked with my results, I put in lots of work bit I felt I did a bit bad in the exams, but I guess not 😂😂. it's never too late to be productive either, that's always my motto
Original post by Sososnake
Same, except I’m a year above you 😁

how did you find year 12? was it really stressful?

Surprisingly the only difficult thing was the workload, the actual work wasn’t too difficult. AS maths is quite easy as is chemistry. Biology was just a lot of content. We’ve started A2 maths and biology and the step up from AS to A2 is bigger than from gcse to AS

Yeah the content for Y12 isn't too difficult. Its just a lot of tests/hwk esp with 4 A levels (Recommend dropping one in Y13). And get all your volunteering over with at the start of the year aswell.
we're doing the same AS subjects & got similar GCSE grades! add me to the taglist pls x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending