The Student Room Group

Sharing a bathroom at uni

How does this work? Like do I need to take my shampoo, conditioner, gel and other stuff with me every time I go to the bathroom as it seems quite impossible to take everything and towels, fresh cloths and all of the cleaning products with me all the time. Does anyone know how this works at uni as the showers are small and not getting ur towel or clothes wet would be hard
Original post by Paulina-paulina
How does this work? Like do I need to take my shampoo, conditioner, gel and other stuff with me every time I go to the bathroom as it seems quite impossible to take everything and towels, fresh cloths and all of the cleaning products with me all the time. Does anyone know how this works at uni as the showers are small and not getting ur towel or clothes wet would be hard

It's up to you, I shared with 6 girls and we managed to leave our shower gels and shampoos in the shower and then just took a towel in.
Reply 2

It really depends on you, how many people you are sharing with and how nice they are.

I recommend that on the first week, when everyone is getting to know each other, that you work this out and decide on how to do things.

But you could also have a dedicated shower bag, where you keep all your toiletries and so when you are leaving your room you only have to bring that with you.

I avoided sharing a bathroom at Uni but if I had to share I'd bring all my stuff back to my room with me unless I knew for a fact that I could trust my flatmates and that they wouldn't steal
I'd say normally it might be ok to leave stuff in there, but given you're taking so many bottles you can't carry them into the shower with you even in a shower bag it might be different in this case :lolwut:

How much stuff do you need to take into the bathroom ffs. Shampoo, soap and a towel. Is this what you youngsters fret about these days. I am sure your great-grandparents who fought in WW1 didn't worry about such trivial things
I used to take everything in a waterproof draw string bag and hang it up inside the shower. Not only will there be lots of products if everyone left it out, it's halls - things are going to get stolen
Thank you everyone. I will see who I’m living with and then decide.

Quick Reply

Latest