NatashaKuz
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What case (nomanitve, genitive, dative, accusative, instrumental or prepositional) do you use after где and куда?For example ты где? Я в ______
or Куда ты идёшь? Я иду в _____
S.carter
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by NatashaKuz)
What case (nomanitve, genitive, dative, accusative, instrumental or prepositional) do you use after где and куда?For example ты где? Я в ______
or Куда ты идёшь? Я иду в _____
I would say
Я иду в город . Я иду домой.
Я в городе. Я в доме.

I know the language but I don’t know all the grammatical terms hahah
Ryanzmw
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
When answering the question куда you generally use the accusative (except домой), when answering где you use the prepositional (or another case which is technically called the locative, e.g. на мосту, but this is me being pedantic. In most books this is just called the prepositional as well)

This is because куда is the Russian equivalent of whither, it asks about the direction of movement:
Куда ты идёшь? Я иду в университет;

Он сел в кресло; etc.

When you ask where an action takes place or where something/someone is then you need the prepositional case:

Я живу в городе. Где я живу? В городе.
Он стоит на мосту. Где он стоит? На мосту.
Я жду в аэропорту. Где я жду? В аэропорту.
Last edited by Ryanzmw; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
27.9%
As I expected (73)
31.33%
Harder (87)
37.34%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.43%

Watched Threads