The Student Room Group

Do I leave it?

Yesterday I told my crush I liked him I said

"It's you. I've liked you for a really long time now but I've been to nervous to tell you. And I want to know if you will be my boyfriend? I don't want to ruin our friendship though"

And I told him not to tell anyone

He saw the messages and has been online but hasn't replied

Should I say sorry for making it awkward or not reply again

It's going to be so awkward at school now and he doesn't like me probs idk why I thought he would

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

"It's you. I've liked you for a really long time now but I've been to nervous to tell you. And I want to know if you will be my boyfriend? I don't want to ruin our friendship though"

It's going to be so awkward at school now and he doesn't like me probs idk why I thought he would

I’d give it a bit more time. But you are probably right that he doesn’t like you.
He is probably shocked about the situation but if he does like you back maybe he’s thinking about it affecting your friendship if u break up in the future. If he’s a true friend, he would just be straight up about his feelings and even if he just wants to be friends, eventually it should go back to normal and not awkward. I’ve not met him so i don’t really know what his personality is like.
This is why people told you not to make a move on someone with a girlfriend. It was inevitably going to go this way.

Just drop it.
Reply 4
Before I told him like at school he would kind of flirt like he calls me love and babes. If he didn't like me he could just say and if wouldn't affect our friendship like I said to him

And once I sat by him in class when we had cover and the people behind us were telling him to move closer and he was listening to them and then after school I asked him if he liked me and he said he didn't know and I told him if he did he didn't have to be shy to tell me (like I was to tell him) and he asked me what would we do if we got together

Original post by Geraldthegoat
He is probably shocked about the situation but if he does like you back maybe he’s thinking about it affecting your friendship if u break up in the future. If he’s a true friend, he would just be straight up about his feelings and even if he just wants to be friends, eventually it should go back to normal and not awkward. I’ve not met him so i don’t really know what his personality is like.
Before I told him like at school he would kind of flirt like he calls me love and babes. If he didn't like me he could just say and if wouldn't affect our friendship like I said to him

And once I sat by him in class when we had cover and the people behind us were telling him to move closer and he was listening to them and then after school I asked him if he liked me and he said he didn't know and I told him if he did he didn't have to be shy to tell me (like I was to tell him) and he asked me what would we do if we got together

Heck, what’s done is done. I think it’s for the best he knows. At least you can move on as there is nothing worse than not knowing (I’m assuming it’s a no here but it might not be).

Your friendship may or may not change but at least it’s out in the open
You can’t just go straight in and ask him to be your boyfriend...
Reply 7
You can’t just go straight in and ask him to be your boyfriend...

And now I regret it cos he probably would never like me

And I've probably messed up our friendship so I'll be alone on the bus the whole time cos he's the only person who sits by me.
Original post by sinfonietta
This is why people told you not to make a move on someone with a girlfriend. It was inevitably going to go this way.

Just drop it.

how do you know he has a girlfriend?

She told us in another thread.

He might not though because they mightve broken up
oh well now i think athat was not a good idea, it may be awkward for a while now
oh well now i think athat was not a good idea, it may be awkward for a while now

He mightve broken up with her and I didn't know what else to say cos he kept asking who I liked
Should I say something like this?

"Sorry if it's awkward, I understand you probably don't like me. I hope this doesn't affect our friendship"

"Sorry if it's awkward, I understand you probably don't like me. I hope this doesn't affect our friendship"

??
Before I told him like at school he would kind of flirt like he calls me love n babes

You sure he's not gay?
Original post by SMEGGGY
You sure he's not gay?

He isn't

??

don't apologise you haven't done anything wrong , he should say "sorry I don't feel the same " instead of being childish and to what I assume is ignoring you .
??

Yes, you may.

Quick Reply

Latest