The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MihirShrestha
Hi. I was thinking of applying for graduate dentistry in the future after doing BSC Oral Health Science. May I ask what preparations you have made for the KCL application? I'm essentially asking what do I need to do

Just the same as any dental application really, tried my best at the UCAT, did my personal statement, applied and then just did a lot of interview prep including using the Marian Coll book on dentistry interviews, getting friends and family to ask me questions and practicing in the mirror!
Reply 181
Original post by FutureDentist675
Has anyone heard back from either Kings or Aberdeen post interview? Or does anyone know when we should expect to hear back from them?

I heard back from Aberdeen last night. Got an unconditional offer but I think from what I’ve heard there aren’t any conditional offers sent out yet. I’m sure they’ll be out in the next week or so, can’t imagine them waiting much longer after the first offers have been sent out :smile:
Original post by SamBuchan
I heard back from Aberdeen last night. Got an unconditional offer but I think from what I’ve heard there aren’t any conditional offers sent out yet. I’m sure they’ll be out in the next week or so, can’t imagine them waiting much longer after the first offers have been sent out :smile:

I have already graduated so I'm presuming if I was to get an offer it will be unconditional. I am an English student and I know they only have a few places so maybe my interview just wasn't good enough. But I guess time will tell. Congratulations to everyone!
Reply 183
I have already graduated so I'm presuming if I was to get an offer it will be unconditional. I am an English student and I know they only have a few places so maybe might interview just wasn't good enough. But I guess time will tell. Congratulations to everyone!

Wouldn’t count yourself out just yet. They might have only done Scottish students first as everyone I know who got an offer (3 total) is Scottish. Fingers crossed for you!
Wouldn’t count yourself out just yet. They might have only done Scottish students first as everyone I know who got an offer (3 total) is Scottish. Fingers crossed for you!

Thank you, it does give me a little bit more hope!
Thank you, it does give me a little bit more hope!

There were a few on here last night that got offers from Aberdeen, who were English students. So i’m not sure. I’m EU but haven’t heard anything back yet. Not sure if they lump EU students in with Scottish ones/English ones.
Congratulations to the offer holders 🥳
What time did you guys receive your offers if you don’t mind me asking?
Reply 187
Original post by DentistWho?

About 7:30PM UK time last night, wasn’t expecting it to come through at such a late time😅
Reply 188

My offer was a conditional 😊

I received my ucas track email at 19:41. Hopefully you’ll hear back soon!
Original post by GN137
My offer was a conditional 😊

I received my ucas track email at 19:41. Hopefully you’ll hear back soon!

Congratulations on your offer! On what condition will you get a place?
Reply 190
Original post by atti53nyr
Congratulations on your offer! On what condition will you get a place?

I need to get a 2:1 and the usual PVG and immunisation record! 😊
Hahah wow that was late!

About 7:30PM UK time last night, wasn’t expecting it to come through at such a late time😅
Original post by GN137
I need to get a 2:1 and the usual PVG and immunisation record! 😊

Hopefully you will achieve it! I’m sure you will 😉
Has anyone received a rejection from Aberdeen yet?
I haven’t heard anything yet but apparently (according to admissions) they had sent Some offers and rejections yesterday

Did they mention anything about the second batch?

Congrats to all of you that got offers btw :smile:
I haven’t heard anything yet but apparently (according to admissions) they had sent Some offers and rejections yesterday

Thanks so much and good luck!!

My offer is conditional even though I graduated and have my transcript, I need an academic reference and the usual DBS equivalent clearance + imms record etc. I'm an English applicant, but to all those waiting for Aberdeen, there are loads of us who also applied to KCL and their offers won't come out for a good few weeks. So don't lose hope. It's not over until they say it's over!
Original post by элли

Well they said they will be giving out responses throughout the week but not sure
Original post by элли

They'll send the second batch once people firm KCL offers later in March.
Original post by TheMolarBear
@Puddles the Monkey

Hi there! Is there anyone here applying to Graduate Entry dentistry this year? :smile:

How would u able to get a student loan when it's only available for one degree?

Latest