Gsce tution.Worth it or not worth it

Watch
Snigdha02
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was wondering if I should get gsce tuition for English. I am currently starting year 10 and English is one of my weak subjects compared to my other subjects. My parents have quite high expectations and expect a 9 in English but right now I am in a 6/7 level and I really want to do well in gsce. Ever since primary, I have struggled in English especially creative writing and analysis as I'm not the most creative and analytical person in the world. I'm not really sure of ways to revise and improve my grades in English so I was looking into tuition. Would tuition help me or would it just be a waste of time?
Any help or advice would be really appreciated
Last edited by Snigdha02; 1 year ago
Dunya
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It'll be useful if you get a good tutor.

You can improve on your own as well, I started off in set 3 for English and worked myself up to set 1.
Snigdha02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dunya)
It'll be useful if you get a good tutor.

You can improve on your own as well, I started off in set 3 for English and worked myself up to set 1.
Thanks for answering! Do you have any methods of improving?
frednewell
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i mean as long as your committed to improving yourself then yes, i had a tutor for maths but put no commitment in to improving my grade and did no revision whatsoever for the real gcse exam, still got a 4 though so am happy but my parents werent OOP and in terms of improving on your own, just literally find past paper questions, do them at home and go through them with your teacher and see what you can improve on.

(Original post by snigdhad0002)
I was wondering if I should get gsce tuition for English. I am currently starting year 10 and English is one of my weak subjects compared to my other subjects. My parents have quite high expectations and expect a 9 in English but right now I am in a 6/7 level and I really want to do well in gsce. Ever since primary, I have struggled in English especially creative writing and analysis as I'm not the most creative and analytical person in the world. I'm not really sure of ways to revise and improve my grades in English so I was looking into tuition. Would tuition help me or would it just be a waste of time?
Any help or advice would be really appreciated
Snigdha02
Rep:
?
(Original post by frednewell)
i mean as long as your committed to improving yourself then yes, i had a tutor for maths but put no commitment in to improving my grade and did no revision whatsoever for the real gcse exam, still got a 4 though so am happy but my parents werent OOP and in terms of improving on your own, just literally find past paper questions, do them at home and go through them with your teacher and see what you can improve on.
Thank you
ClippTube
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For english I'd say its really worth it, but science and maths less so. Its harder to learn how to story write and how to do argument essays as there is not one answer (like in maths or science) so it requires more practice.
Snigdha02
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by ClippTube)
For english I'd say its really worth it, but science and maths less so. Its harder to learn how to story write and how to do argument essays as there is not one answer (like in maths or science) so it requires more practice.
yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks for your input. I ended up not getting a tutor because I asked my English teacher and she didn't believe it would be useful but she told me if I wanted to get one it would be more beneficial in year 11 so i'm going to wait until then. I have however worked hard and have improved and I am getting consistent 7's and the occasional 8. I hope to improve and achieve the grades that I want!Thank you all for helping me
Last edited by Snigdha02; 6 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
16.98%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (119)
37.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (43)
13.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.46%

Watched Threads