The Student Room Group

How do I get straight 8’s and 9’s ????

I really really want to get top grades in all my subjects like I have seen others do this year, (I’m going into year 11 in September) however I’m really struggling with maths, physics and chemistry, and basically know none of their content, i would love to apply to top universities and good GCSE’s would help my application a bit, so is there any advice for last minute revision that works really well, or just tips on how you got 9’s :smile:
Original post by Holly jade
I really really want to get top grades in all my subjects like I have seen others do this year, (I’m going into year 11 in September) however I’m really struggling with maths, physics and chemistry, and basically know none of their content, i would love to apply to top universities and good GCSE’s would help my application a bit, so is there any advice for last minute revision that works really well, or just tips on how you got 9’s :smile:

I might be useless because I didn’t get 9’s but I got 8’s in maths and science
I actually prioritised maths and science hence why they were my best grades
I would say to start revising from the start of the year and create flash cards or any other revision notes
Try not to procrastinate and try to keep on top everything. Attend every single revision session. I know it’s a pain but trust me when I say it is 100% worth it at the end. I sacrificed a lot of my lunch breaks and time after school to attend revision sessions. I asked my maths teacher if she could stay during lunch on one or two days each week so she coulda provide extra help.
For maths I would say that for every topic you learn or have learnt, practise exam questions straight away and notice the pattern in the exam questions for the topic. You will notice they generally ask the same type of questions in different ways so with a lot of practise you will be able to do it.
It takes time but trust me it does work
I didn’t get 9’s because I didn’t revise from the start of the year and that is a regret of mine so try not to make that mistake
Do remember to have time to enjoy with family and friends and not completely lose yourself throughout GCSEs because it is very stressful
Reply 2
Original post by Fpatel01
I might be useless because I didn’t get 9’s but I got 8’s in maths and science
I actually prioritised maths and science hence why they were my best grades
I would say to start revising from the start of the year and create flash cards or any other revision notes
Try not to procrastinate and try to keep on top everything. Attend every single revision session. I know it’s a pain but trust me when I say it is 100% worth it at the end. I sacrificed a lot of my lunch breaks and time after school to attend revision sessions. I asked my maths teacher if she could stay during lunch on one or two days each week so she coulda provide extra help.
For maths I would say that for every topic you learn or have learnt, practise exam questions straight away and notice the pattern in the exam questions for the topic. You will notice they generally ask the same type of questions in different ways so with a lot of practise you will be able to do it.
It takes time but trust me it does work
I didn’t get 9’s because I didn’t revise from the start of the year and that is a regret of mine so try not to make that mistake
Do remember to have time to enjoy with family and friends and not completely lose yourself throughout GCSEs because it is very stressful

Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest