The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It was definitely 1/3.

What was the reason for the increase in pH? I had CO2 (H2CO3 -> H+ + HCO3-) for the decrease, and NH3 produced from decomp causing (NH3 + H20 -> NH4+ + OH-), but it was complete guess!
wildchild_06
oh crap i put like pretty muhc no A2 stuff in my plants essay...and i no loads baout mutations and crap just didnt think about it! how many marks wud i lose for doing that (i did do an intro and conclusion if tat helps?!)
ahhhh!!!im worried nowww....

From past mark schemes, it seems if you've written at least 20 explained and coherent points on whatever you wrote and you showed you understood how to link the ideas and key biological words relevant to the topic you're writing on, you are not penalised for writing AS stuff and no A2 stuff, that said I don't know if you could write 15 points on energy flow (if you just say what a decomposer does in the ecosystem, an e.g. of one, and how it's linked to the energy flow, that I think is counted as one point).

They are stingy with the essay marks for sure. That's why I don't do normal Bio but I think if you had 15 seperate ideas on the essay that you explained, you should be A-OK, even if they are all from AS.
Reply 22
a pirate life for me
From past mark schemes, it seems if you've written at least 20 explained and coherent points on whatever you wrote and you showed you understood how to link the ideas and key biological words relevant to the topic you're writing on, you are not penalised for writing AS stuff and no A2 stuff, that said I don't know if you could write 15 points on energy flow (if you just say what a decomposer does in the ecosystem, an e.g. of one, and how it's linked to the energy flow, that I think is counted as one point).

They are stingy with the essay marks for sure. That's why I don't do normal Bio but I think if you had 15 seperate ideas on the essay that you explained, you should be A-OK, even if they are all from AS.

Yep couldnt put it better myself. I've always been told as long as u put more than one module u'll be safe....no need to balance module info or as or a2 jus answer the question!!!:smile:
Reply 23
no the mark schemes say if you only inculde as stuff then you can only score max 5 on scienctic content and if you only inculde a2 stuff you can only score 7 outa 11 on scientific content.

Latest