The Student Room Group

Combined Science points

Im pretty sure that a combined science qualification is worth 2 GCSE grades. I achieved a 7-7, but the points for combined science on my results sheet only says 7. Surely it should be 14?
Reply 1
No, I'm pretty sure they use the 2 grades to get an average. (7 + 7 / 2 = 7)
Reply 2
Original post by sbms100
Im pretty sure that a combined science qualification is worth 2 GCSE grades. I achieved a 7-7, but the points for combined science on my results sheet only says 7. Surely it should be 14?

Hi I also do combined science. What I thought is that because it's considered as two separate GCSE grades it does not add up together but instead the points awarded written on the results paper might be just the overall point between the two number/grade awarded. E.g. I got 8-7 and my point is 7.5 . I hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
You have 2 GCSEs, both grade 7. The points are absolutely irrelevant to you. They are only there as they are used to measure school performance. If it only says 7 it is because the data manager hasn't got it set up correctly.
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
You have 2 GCSEs, both grade 7. The points are absolutely irrelevant to you. They are only there as they are used to measure school performance. If it only says 7 it is because the data manager hasn't got it set up correctly.

Oh ok, thank you for the reassurance.

Quick Reply

Latest