Can i get into medicine with these GCSEs? Watch

Famzz02
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I just got my GCSE results and I'm unsure whether I'll be able to take medicine at Uni. I got 2 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8, 2 Grade 7s, 2 Grade 6s, a Grade 5 and a Grade 4 (Spanish). I got a Grade 5 in English Language so I plan on resitting in november but I'm unsure how that will affect my Uni application.I would also appreciate any advice on what parts of my uni application i should focus on for medicine as i go into college. Any advice given would be much appreciated
barror1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's an OK set of results, but you would really have to have a strong application/ set of predicted grades at A-level to really shine through.
ecolier may also have some additional wisdom to share
Notnek
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Famzz02)
I just got my GCSE results and I'm unsure whether I'll be able to take medicine at Uni. I got 2 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8, 2 Grade 7s, 2 Grade 6s, a Grade 5 and a Grade 4 (Spanish). I got a Grade 5 in English Language so I plan on resitting in november but I'm unsure how that will affect my Uni application.I would also appreciate any advice on what parts of my uni application i should focus on for medicine as i go into college. Any advice given would be much appreciated
Have a read through this:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/res...e-requirements
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Famzz02)
(1) You should have posted to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5678544 which is where other GCSE students have posted asking if their grades are good enough for Medicine.

(2) You need more stats before you can ask about your chances - BMAT (for Oxbridge and UCL) and UCAT (for most other med schools). Obviously you'd take them next year, so you wouldn't know it now.

You don't need us to "reassure" you that your grades are OK, read https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...al-schools.pdf for all the official med school entry requirements.

:ta: barror1
Famzz02
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you guys so much for your input. I am new to using this platform so im still getting used to the ins and out of using the threads
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?