The Student Room Group

How to do well for OCR biology??

Any revision sources, notes
or tips to pass on for me to get an B/A in biology? Currently working at a C!! For those that got an A in Bio OCR any good tips ??
A-level
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
I got a 9 at GCSE.
I used the CGP revision guide. I made my notes on flashcards along the year, as this ensured that I wouldn't have to rush my revision.
then i turned my flashcards into questions, to check that i actually know the content.
for example: my flashcard stated that DNA is ....
i would turn that into a question by writing on plain paper what is DNA?
^ this is a great way to test if u actually know ur content and even better you would have a bunch of questions at the end which you could test ur self on.
also do alot of past papers
Original post by Sweetiepie101
or tips to pass on for me to get an B/A in biology? Currently working at a C!! For those that got an A in Bio OCR any good tips ??
A-level

Sorry my bad I meant for A level
Original post by za45
I got a 9 at GCSE.
I used the CGP revision guide. I made my notes on flashcards along the year, as this ensured that I wouldn't have to rush my revision.
then i turned my flashcards into questions, to check that i actually know the content.
for example: my flashcard stated that DNA is ....
i would turn that into a question by writing on plain paper what is DNA?
^ this is a great way to test if u actually know ur content and even better you would have a bunch of questions at the end which you could test ur self on.
also do alot of past papers
Reply 3
this technique is still good for ur revision at A level aswell
Original post by za45
this technique is still good for ur revision at A level aswell

I wouldn’t use cgp for a level as they’re quite brief and don’t have enough info for it. I’m getting A’s at as in aqa which is relatively similar I think. So far I have made rough notes in the lesson then used my textbook and teacher ppts to make detailed notes that I type up at weekends and go through on a rolling cycle to ensure I have all the info by writing it out testing and highlighting what I don’t know and each lesson do past paper qs related to the topic
Reply 5
Original post by DGeorge13
I wouldn’t use cgp for a level as they’re quite brief and don’t have enough info for it. I’m getting A’s at as in aqa which is relatively similar I think. So far I have made rough notes in the lesson then used my textbook and teacher ppts to make detailed notes that I type up at weekends and go through on a rolling cycle to ensure I have all the info by writing it out testing and highlighting what I don’t know and each lesson do past paper qs related to the topic

I was talking about GCSE, since it was not clear in the question that they were talking about a level.
Reply 6
Original post by Sweetiepie101
A-level

I had a couple of different textbooks (think one was CGP and one was the one school gave us). Typed up long notes from these onto word. Stuff that was important and I wasn't remembering from these then went onto flashcards. Make sure you do practice papers but you can leave those until nearer exams. Make sure you keep up with the notes as you go along.

Quick Reply

Latest