The Current Year 9 Chat Thread (2019-2020) Watch

GCSE_beginner
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by anonymous7861)
ive just started the gcse courses for all 3 sciences-and really want to be prepared for yr 11
do you think I should get revsion guides and which ones(doing aqa triple science)
thanks
Recommend the CGP guides and since you're doing triple, I think you should buy guides for Biology, Chemistry and physics( unless they do 1 book for the whole course)
GCSE_beginner
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by realistpotato)
Wow, we are only on page 2.
Not any more!!
anonymous7861
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by GCSE_beginner)
Recommend the CGP guides and since you're doing triple, I think you should buy guides for Biology, Chemistry and physics( unless they do 1 book for the whole course)
okay thanks
Alishkhtar123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by username4745258)
Hello Year 9 (s) - at the moThanment I only see one :lolwut:
I guess I'm a Year 10 now? :getmecoat: Well, last year I was a year 9, a hectic, crazy, young... you get the message: I've changed a lot recently. :motz:
Anyway, I just wanted to give you some advice for this year. :yep: I don't know how useful it is, but we'll see. :iiam:

1. Enjoy the year. I get it, you've heard this a zillion times: it's the last year of freedom etc etc. :dunce: It is so important though to make sure you get the right balance of fun, Year 10 and 11 become challenging if you've already burnt yourself out. :crazy:

2. Concentrate. This is the first year of your new GCSE courses, so instead of jumping on tables and breaking chairs in class, try to pay a little attention. :dumbells: Ensure you get some useful notes down, after all it's going to be difficult in the exam if you cannot remember the equation for kinetic energy. :burnout:

3. Friendships. This is the time to sort out who you want in your little circle. I'm not telling you to abandon friends :eyeball:, but if you feel as if you get dragged into trouble every 3 seconds, perhaps reconsider your choices. :call2: No matter how juicy beef looks, do not get involved because as I so harshly learned, it gets you nowhere. :afraid:

4. Keep up with homework and work loads. :blah: *insert eye-roll*. At the beginning of the year, I was a procrastinator to the max. Never did homework, never revised and to make things worse, I was that annoying child in class who always disrupts and never listens. :blushing: For my tests, I got grades varying from a 2 to a 5, no higher. :dong: I decided to sort myself out and at the end of the year, I was getting grades way above my predictions. Not much revision this year is needed, but before tests and mocks :cookie: reccap everything you need to give you that little boost. :nyan:

5. Take every opportunity possible. Make mistakes, it's OK. The one thing I regret is not taking the time to apply to roles that would look great on my CV. :catfight:

6. Discover what's best for you. :blow: It took me months to discover the learning that adapted to me. :dontknow: Experiment with several techniques and see how well each one goes for you.

7. Finally, take this year to get as many revision resources as possible. :couchpotato: Make flashcards, these take agesssss to do but if they work for you then start on them now. As a result, come Year 11 you will have a nice pile of revision materials to enjoy. :bl: Do practice questions, but do not burn out or revise too much!

Good luck class of 2022! :dance: You can do it.
Thanks very useful tips
schoolgirl 69
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Starlight15)

:tsr:

The Current Year 9 Thread Mark l (2019-2020)

Thursday 1st September 2005 to Thursday 31st August 2006 babies woooo! Hi, and welcome to the Year 9 thread. Even though you might think you’re the only Year 9 in The Student Room, there may be some out there lurking too. You can us this thread to discuss with other Year 9 about your GCSEs choices and how you're feeling about GCSEs and many other things.

Icebreakers

- Introduce yourself

- What are your hobbies/interests?

-What subjects are you currently studying? (Include the exam board if you know it)

- What subjects are you planning to pick for your GCSEs?

- What your favourite and least favourite subject?

- What are your predicted grades?

- What is your ideal future occupation?

-How are you feeling about starting Year 9?

-One interesting fact about yourself

Everyone from Year 10 to Year 13+ what advice would you give to the year 9s starting this September and What was Year 9 like for you?

You’ll finish school (Year 11) on June 2022, it sounds a long way away but trust me it will go by fast.

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY YEAR 9!
hi <3 i'm also in year 9, going to a grammar school which is pretty stressful sometimes. was wondering what subs i would have to take if i want to be a criminial lawyer on the prosecution side (has been my dream ) thank youuuu so much x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (121)
63.35%
No (70)
36.65%

Watched Threads