Ani from Thirteen Reasons Why Watch

sunny_01
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I hate Ani's character as in I feel like the original cast is better off without her. I really tried giving her a chance but after episode 7 I just couldn't. I really miss Clay narrating. Am I the only one?
(p.s. I'm pretty sure she's great irl and is a great actress)
S.carter
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sunny_01)
I hate Ani's character as in I feel like the original cast is better off without her. I really tried giving her a chance but after episode 7 I just couldn't. I really miss Clay narrating. Am I the only one?
(p.s. I'm pretty sure she's great irl and is a great actress)
Wow you got to episode 7. I stopped after 1- for me, the show went downhill after s1 anyway but the dialogue seems very mechanical and the new British girl narrating is really annoying, so I agree with you there.
Not sure why they threw in a random character last minute, I don’t think this whole ‘new perspective’ is adding anything...
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
haven't even started watching s3 :lol:
sunny_01
Rep:
?
(Original post by S.carter)
Wow you got to episode 7. I stopped after 1- for me, the show went downhill after s1 anyway but the dialogue seems very mechanical and the new British girl narrating is really annoying, so I agree with you there.
Not sure why they threw in a random character last minute, I don’t think this whole ‘new perspective’ is adding anything...
I agree, season 1 was the best. tbh, i dont see why we need a seaons 2 or 3, I kept watching anway bc i have nothing better to do lol. i guess could've at least not given her such a big role. she's in every episode, narrates everything and there's just too much of her character.
sunny_01
Rep:
?
(Original post by Obolinda)
haven't even started watching s3 :lol:
you aren't missing out on much lol
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The show went downhill after s1 tbh
S.carter
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sunny_01)
I agree, season 1 was the best. tbh, i dont see why we need a seaons 2 or 3, I kept watching anway bc i have nothing better to do lol. i guess could've at least not given her such a big role. she's in every episode, narrates everything and there's just too much of her character.
Completely agree. I’ve actually given up on it and started rewatching Gilmore Girls hahah
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
wtf is ani doing there?
MediocreSince01
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Incredibly annoying. I just skipped to the final episode - though disappointment, she seemed to be the main focus of that one too! Really didn't see the need to introduce her - would've been better for one/all of the other characters to take the narrating role. She was there for what 8 months? yet she seem to know absolutely everything about everybody.

Hoping she's not in S4.
mpaprika
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
why is she in everyones business ''hey Chloe dId yOu tElL BrYcE yOu wErE pRegNaNt'' who even are you?? ''clay would have killed Bryce for me'' again you've been here for a minute?? ssh
Rhodesian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I still think 13 reasons should’ve ended after season 1.

But I did like season 3 more than season 2. And I know a lot of people didn’t like Ani but she really wasn’t that bad.
Of course she cares who killed Bryce she was friends with him and Clay and didn’t want Clay to get in trouble.

And yeah she was a bit annoying and I didn’t like her for leading Clay on so much. And then she randomly says she’s dating him at the end like wtf. Clay should just dump her.

But she is really smart and I liked how she kind of manipulated some of the other characters to find out. She got caught up so quickly and I think that was cool.
This season was literally just a ‘who dunnit’ murder series and in my opinion they did a good job of it. It’ll never be better than season 1 and I’m sure season 4 is going to be rubbish.

I found Jessica to be more annoying this season. I know it was supposed to show her empowerment and feminism and stuff but I found a lot of her lines very cringy and put off by it.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
She's awful!! Getting all up in everyone's faces like she has a right to start doing her detective work after only moving there 8 months ago, listening in on people's private conversations, sticking her nose in when it's definitely NOT wanted, loudly asking Chloe about her pregnancy in public when she's never even met the girl, and the piece de resistance, sleeping with the guy who raped her best friend and getting defensive when someone finally calls her out on it. Amazing. Well done writers. Shoehorning in a character out of nowhere for no real reason and then making literally everyone hate her.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 2 weeks ago
ican'tschool
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think Ani was actually kinda vital in this season. I found her quite nosy and just irritating sometimes and when Justin was like "You know what Ani? Just **** off." I was like YESSS. But she kinda shows the other side of Bryce that was starting to form when he started to regret all the mistakes he made and that's why I think you needed her role in the plot.
They say there's going to be a season 4 though and this is going to be the final season. Considering Bryce is dead and everything is, to an extent, solved, I think that Ani is not a necessary character anymore. Especially considering the fact that I think Clay deserves a better girlfriend than Ani.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (203)
23.41%
Pop (214)
24.68%
Jazz (33)
3.81%
Classical (48)
5.54%
Hip-Hop (167)
19.26%
Electronic (60)
6.92%
Indie (142)
16.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise