anijam123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
What do universities base their conditional offers on? Are they year 12 grades (predicted for A levels?). Do they also look at GCSE grades? I want to go to a Russel group university but my GCSE grades are not that good (mainly 6s with a few 7s)
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They base offers on A Level predicted or gained grades. They will only base offers on GCSE’s if they require certain grades such as a 6 in maths etc. GCSE grades don’t matter too much as long as you have maths and English Lang.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anijam123)
What do universities base their conditional offers on? Are they year 12 grades (predicted for A levels?). Do they also look at GCSE grades? I want to go to a Russel group university but my GCSE grades are not that good (mainly 6s with a few 7s)
Mainly predicted grades. Only very few competitive universities (and for particular courses like Medicine) will look at your GCSE results to see how consistent your academic career has been (e.g. Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial). For most other courses and majority of uni, they will only look at your English and Maths grades at GCSEs.
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by kkboyk)
Mainly predicted grades. Only very few competitive universities (and for particular courses like Medicine) will look at your GCSE results to see how consistent your academic career has been (e.g. Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial). For most other courses and majority of uni, they will only look at your English and Maths grades at GCSEs.
I passed my Cambridge interview with 6 GCSE’s at AABBBC. And I got an offer from Durham who wanted a grade B/6 in maths when I only had a C. So competitive unis aren’t all about GCSE grades.
OctoberRain7
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Your GCSE grades are good though? Unless you want to go to Oxford or something there shouldn’t be a problem
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Depends on the course.
anijam123
Rep:
?
(Original post by JohanGRK)
Depends on the course.
economics/maths
anijam123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Phoenixfeather99)
They base offers on A Level predicted or gained grades. They will only base offers on GCSE’s if they require certain grades such as a 6 in maths etc. GCSE grades don’t matter too much as long as you have maths and English Lang.
Okay, thank you!
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anijam123)
economics/maths
Are there any entrance exams required of you for the courses you're applying to?
anijam123
Rep:
?
Thank you, hope so!

(Original post by kkboyk)
(Original post by OctoberRain7)
Your GCSE grades are good though? Unless you want to go to Oxford or something there shouldn’t be a problem
(Original post by Phoenixfeather99)
I passed my Cambridge interview with 6 GCSE’s at AABBBC. And I got an offer from Durham who wanted a grade B/6 in maths when I only had a C. So competitive unis aren’t all about GCSE grades.
Thats a relief!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?