The Student Room Group

Best company to take a loan from?

I have student finance and will be getting it for my next 3 years of study, however, I am doing this whole process without my parents and essentially I am leaving without telling them (long story short: they're abusive and I'm cutting them off)

I will need a bit of cash to get me properly set up like buying food, toiletries and what-not

Wheres the best place to get a loan that won't screw me over essentially (Yes, I will be working as well)
Original post by Zoopley
I have student finance and will be getting it for my next 3 years of study, however, I am doing this whole process without my parents and essentially I am leaving without telling them (long story short: they're abusive and I'm cutting them off)

I will need a bit of cash to get me properly set up like buying food, toiletries and what-not

Wheres the best place to get a loan that won't screw me over essentially (Yes, I will be working as well)

Nobody is going to give you extra money unless its a scholarship, grant or you have means of paying it off.
If you are estranged then you can make an application as an independent student and be assessed just on your income.
https://www.standalone.org.uk/students/

Companies like future finance arent charities and exist to make money.
You are better off imo getting a job and saving then going to uni.
Reply 2
Above poster summed it up quite well.
The only people who would consider giving you a loan are the ones you want to avoid with a 10ft barge pole. Unless youre on excellent standing with your bank or can get a loan covered by your parents or some such though you're better off getting a job.
Reply 3
It is Possible in more than one way to get a loan. You can apply for the scholarship if you are a brilliant student. Because for the brilliant student, the government is giving as a merit scholarship.
you mentioned as working also. I think you have income proof.
so that you can apply for unsecured loans by choosing the best lenders.
Because you have to submit income proof to apply for the loan. So that you can borrow some amount as per your requirement.
student bank account overdraft .. but most important tell sfe you're estranged so you get full loan there ... don't get a bank loan repayments will be a nightmare and will have t be paid while you are still at uni !

every uni has a hardship fund too .. speak t your student services asap u will be surprised what they can offer which may be a 1 off or a termly amount .

also make sure u look at the cheapest way possible to get urself set up ... second hand, don't buy a toaster kettle etc ad someone else will and you will end up with 6 o everything etc. seriously don't get a bank loan use ur interest free overdraft a d manage on that plus fee and uni help.
Hi, there are chances to get it funded by private lenders for a reasonable interest rate but look for the reliable and trusted companies and contact them directly. Make sure you're committed to making repayment on time and not getting into debt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending