Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have been given a job interview for a caring role which will help me earn much needed money. It seems simple , but i keep thinking like. what if it is too good for me, i don't deserve a job, i have OCD about doing even basic things right at times. I have fear of success and think these things are for others. It has stopped me carrying on driving lessons because i think people like me won't ever drive.

idk what 2 do
yzanne
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A disgrace? I should think far from.

Did you know you had about a one in 12 trillion chance of being born? You were chosen because whatever is up there knows you could handle it. You can do this, start believing in yourself!

You are just as deserving as the next person, and no amount of money, fame or popularity makes them more so than yourself. :yep:
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No- you are far from a disgrace.
It sounds like you have low self esteem, very little confidence in yourself and some sort of anxiety disorder.
Don't allow any of these things to control your life and make you feel that you don't deserve employment.
olivia.francesca
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Have you spoken to a doctor about this? You ideally need therapy and maybe medication
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by yzanne)
A disgrace? I should think far from.

Did you know you had about a one in 12 trillion chance of being born? You were chosen because whatever is up there knows you could handle it. You can do this, start believing in yourself!

You are just as deserving as the next person, and no amount of money, fame or popularity makes them more so than yourself. :yep:
(Original post by londonmyst)
No- you are far from a disgrace.
It sounds like you have low self esteem, very little confidence in yourself and some sort of anxiety disorder.
Don't allow any of these things to control your life and make you feel that you don't deserve employment.
(Original post by olivia.francesca)
Have you spoken to a doctor about this? You ideally need therapy and maybe medication
My dad has always been pretty overprotective
even doing basic things like dishes he was like no when we were younger
he tries to micromanage but i have been doing mostly my own things
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (26)
6.58%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (231)
58.48%
No (138)
34.94%

Watched Threads