salesgirlnline
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am starting this thread as this course is new. It links to a previous MA at Wimbledon but at present there is very little info. If anyone is planning to do it or got onto it please share your impressions.

I have contacted ppl from the previous Wimbledon course but unlike with other courses at other colleges have received no real response.

I have applied to Glasgow MFA and this.

This course appears to wish to edge painting into more self critical awareness of the role of painting today as a fine art practice.. is that how others see it?

Unlike the RCA it is a one year course. Is that sufficient.. why a year? or any queries others wish to voice
salesgirlnline
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Apologies - just to add - the course starts in September 2019!
Nickles
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by salesgirlnline)
Apologies - just to add - the course starts in September 2019!
Hey! Did you do the course last year? I’ve been offered a place, but you’re right when you say that there is very little information about it. I would love to know your experience. Thank you
salesgirlnline
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I transferred to Chelsea after another interview after 2 months. The head of course at Camberwell (painting) is a great guy and the college is very modern and well equipped and friendly. However it is not as exhibition orientated as I wanted and space is a little scarce studio wise.

Personally the best course I got onto was Glasgow. The move to Scotland fazed me having settled in London.

It was a mistake.

Good luck.. very chilled there if you want to be alone and think about painting with some support.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (58)
13.81%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (55)
13.1%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (159)
37.86%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (45)
10.71%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (81)
19.29%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
5.24%

Watched Threads