cocolincheux
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm considering either English lit, English lang + French or English lit, German + French. I'm not sure which set to pick because I love languages so doing two would be great but I'm not sure in English language may be more useful for university. I'm planning to study English lit + French at uni so I guess I was wondering if anyone has any advice on which A levels might be more helpful. Thanks.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cocolincheux)
I'm considering either English lit, English lang + French or English lit, German + French. I'm not sure which set to pick because I love languages so doing two would be great but I'm not sure in English language may be more useful for university. I'm planning to study English lit + French at uni so I guess I was wondering if anyone has any advice on which A levels might be more helpful. Thanks.
Doing 2 languages would be great and they definitely won't hold you back. In fact, I'd say that doing 2 languages + English Lit will be really helpful for your university studies (they're extremely relevant) and 2 languages will be really impressive to university admission teams as well as future employers. :rambo:

The only instance wherein I'd possibly encourage you to do English Language would be if you were considering a degree in Linguistics but even then English Language isn't necessary.

Either combination would be excellent (and neither will disadvantage you). I might, personally, recommend doing 2 languages because I'm a linguist myself and doing 2 languages in school helped prepare me so much for my university studies! :fluffy:
teilchen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cocolincheux)
Any of those choices would be good, pick the one you like more, German is a facilitating subject whereas English Lang isn’t but the other two already are so not much of an issue. I would say honestly I think German would be more useful as it would also have literature in it whereas Lang doesn’t actually relate as much to English lit even tho they are both English. But either would be good so pick the one you like the most though I would say German would form part of a stronger application, good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (254)
57.08%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.92%

Watched Threads