beachbaby
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Heya,

Just wondering if anyone has experience with Occupational Health after being accepted onto a PGCE? I currently take Citalopram (I've been on it for a year) and had a 3 month CBT course early last year for anxiety & OCD. I'm come along way and as soon as I saw this form I INSTANTLY felt stigmatised all over again!

Has anyone else declared anything like this and still got on? And what's the deal with weight? I'm overweight but don't have any problems keeping up with my v. active 8 year old :') Just coming up to this last hurdle now and worried it's these niggling 'not perfect' factors that are going to be my downfall.

Any input would help. As long as it's polite
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by beachbaby)
Heya,

Just wondering if anyone has experience with Occupational Health after being accepted onto a PGCE? I currently take Citalopram (I've been on it for a year) and had a 3 month CBT course early last year for anxiety & OCD. I'm come along way and as soon as I saw this form I INSTANTLY felt stigmatised all over again!

Has anyone else declared anything like this and still got on? And what's the deal with weight? I'm overweight but don't have any problems keeping up with my v. active 8 year old :') Just coming up to this last hurdle now and worried it's these niggling 'not perfect' factors that are going to be my downfall.

Any input would help. As long as it's polite
If the PGCE is administered through the university then can you get some advice from the disability services at the university?
They're often pretty good when it comes to individual needs and adaptions and advice.

What exactly is this form you've been given? Is it from the university?

As for politeness, I can assure you that anything impolite won't be up for long. Just hit the report button. (Though people aren't anything but lovely in this forum anyway.)
Cats007
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi. I was diagnosed with an eating disorder and received cbt therapy a few years ago, they called me and just basically said of I felt a relapse to go back to my gp. I am obese and have no inclination to lose weight, all she did was ask if the weight I wrote was correct, I said yes and nothing else was said. I know what you mean about feeling stigmatized, and I thought due to my weight I'd possibly lose my place on my course, but it was fine in the end.
beachbaby
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cats007)
Hi. I was diagnosed with an eating disorder and received cbt therapy a few years ago, they called me and just basically said of I felt a relapse to go back to my gp. I am obese and have no inclination to lose weight, all she did was ask if the weight I wrote was correct, I said yes and nothing else was said. I know what you mean about feeling stigmatized, and I thought due to my weight I'd possibly lose my place on my course, but it was fine in the end.
Thanks so much for your reply It's awful isn't it? Feeling a bit more positive about it after reading your experience. Fingers crossed there's nothing to worry about!
beachbaby
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
If the PGCE is administered through the university then can you get some advice from the disability services at the university?
They're often pretty good when it comes to individual needs and adaptions and advice.

What exactly is this form you've been given? Is it from the university?

As for politeness, I can assure you that anything impolite won't be up for long. Just hit the report button. (Though people aren't anything but lovely in this forum anyway.)
Thanks for replying Yes the PGCE is through the uni, the form I got was from Occupational Health services at the uni - it's a form to make sure i'm 'fit to teach'. I'm feeling really nervous about it, would really hate for anxiety going against me - especially when i feel absolutely fine now!

Haha thanks! I've always avoided forums for fear of trolls. Nice to know its a good bunch around here!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)
3.83%
Classical (46)
5.87%
Hip-Hop (148)
18.88%