username4097242
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I am doing my history coursework as part of my summer work and I am supposed to find more sources (both primary and secondary) but I am struggling a lot.My topic/question is what thing/topics had a greater impact on civil rights and my topics are:war, peaceful movement and radical movement. I am mainly struggling to find sources to either agree or disagree with a statement that war had a greater impact or civil rights movement.My history teacher told me to consider ww2,Vietnam war as well as Cold War. If anyone has any sites or primary sources I would really appreciate it a lot !!!
imurhopejhope
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by vickkyyx)
So I am doing my history coursework as part of my summer work and I am supposed to find more sources (both primary and secondary) but I am struggling a lot.My topic/question is what thing/topics had a greater impact on civil rights and my topics are:war, peaceful movement and radical movement. I am mainly struggling to find sources to either agree or disagree with a statement that war had a greater impact or civil rights movement.My history teacher told me to consider ww2,Vietnam war as well as Cold War. If anyone has any sites or primary sources I would really appreciate it a lot !!!
I don't know if your teachers have supplied you with basic readings, but the NEA I did with AQA needed us to have breadth over a 100 year period. To get that coverage, our teachers lent us:
Kevern Verney, An introduction to African-American Civil Rights, New York, (2000) This one has quite a bit on the radical and peaceful movements. I found it invaluable.
I also found this more in-depth mini-textbook about civil rights from Essex libraries; your local library might have it:
McGill, David, African-American Civil Rights in the USA, Oxfordshire, (2009)

For primary/secondary sources, I used this website, it might not have stuff on war but I think it's worth a look:
U.S. News & World Report Magazine Photograph Collection, Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division, Retrieved from: https://www.loc.gov/item/2009632339

also if you need letters, or documents relating to presidents, there's a few archives for each of the ones involved in civil rights, for example:
https://www.eisenhower.archives.gov
username4097242
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by imurhopejhope)
I don't know if your teachers have supplied you with basic readings, but the NEA I did with AQA needed us to have breadth over a 100 year period. To get that coverage, our teachers lent us:
Kevern Verney, An introduction to African-American Civil Rights, New York, (2000) This one has quite a bit on the radical and peaceful movements. I found it invaluable.
I also found this more in-depth mini-textbook about civil rights from Essex libraries; your local library might have it:
McGill, David, African-American Civil Rights in the USA, Oxfordshire, (2009)

For primary/secondary sources, I used this website, it might not have stuff on war but I think it's worth a look:
U.S. News & World Report Magazine Photograph Collection, Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division, Retrieved from: https://www.loc.gov/item/2009632339

also if you need letters, or documents relating to presidents, there's a few archives for each of the ones involved in civil rights, for example:
https://www.eisenhower.archives.gov
Ohhh thank you soooo much I will have a look x
imurhopejhope
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by vickkyyx)
Ohhh thank you soooo much I will have a look x
Ur welcome hun
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (61)
17.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (98)
27.76%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (135)
38.24%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
13.6%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.12%

Watched Threads