UCL application for Economics and statisitcs Watch

abshah123456
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Do you think my GCSE is good enough for UCL?
3 A *
4 A
2 B
1 C
Doing Math FM and Eco for A level
Predicted A* A* A
Simbasoul
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by abshah123456)
Do you think my GCSE is good enough for UCL?
3 A *
4 A
2 B
1 C
Doing Math FM and Eco for A level
Predicted A* A* A
Check carefully as many universities do not accept Further Maths as a 3rd A level but only as a 4th.
abshah123456
Rep:
?
For UCL it stats "A* in Mathematics required. Further Mathematics preferred. If you are studying both then the A* can be in either subject."
Also i got a 4/C for German can that really affect my application for UCL ??X
abshah123456
Rep:
?
(Original post by Simbasoul)
Check carefully as many universities do not accept Further Maths as a 3rd A level but only as a 4th.
For UCL it stats "A* in Mathematics required. Further Mathematics preferred. If you are studying both then the A* can be in either subject."

DJWatson
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Check UCL language requirements. Can’t remember if the top of my head whether they need a 4 or a 5 in a foreign language. Basically if you come to UCL, you must achieve a certain grade( a pass) in a modern foreign language or if you don’t, they force you to take a language module. Because a pass is now essentially split into a lower pass(4) and a higher pass(5), best thing to do is email them or check requirements which can be found online
abshah123456
Rep:
?
hey thanks for replying all
If you dont pass the gcse requirements for the language then they make you take it when you enroll.
But the question im reaally concerned about is.. is my gcse okay for eco and stats?/
abshah123456
Rep:
?
(Original post by DJWatson)
Check UCL language requirements. Can’t remember if the top of my head whether they need a 4 or a 5 in a foreign language. Basically if you come to UCL, you must achieve a certain grade( a pass) in a modern foreign language or if you don’t, they force you to take a language module. Because a pass is now essentially split into a lower pass(4) and a higher pass(5), best thing to do is email them or check requirements which can be found online
If you dont pass the gcse requirements for the language then they make you take it when you enroll.
But the question im reaally concerned about is.. is my gcse okay for eco and stats?/
DJWatson
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
To put it bluntly, your GCSEs are a bit low for UCL (you have to consider it’s got some of the most talented privately educated students for across the world), but a-levels matter waaaay more. Get good a levels, write a strong personal statement and you’re in
abshah123456
Rep:
?
To put it bluntly, your GCSEs are a bit low for UCL (you have to consider it’s got some of the most talented privately educated students for across the world), but a-levels matter waaaay more. Get good a levels, write a strong personal statement and you’re in
thanks bro,
abshah123456
Rep:
?
IS 5 A* 2A 2 B AND a C
better ??
DJWatson
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
IS 5 A* 2A 2 B AND a C
better ??
Yes but very negligible difference overall
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?