Aamilah12
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi

I was predicted double AA got BB 17 marks off a AA. Am I being over ambitious for a remark?? Any experiences of CIE getting it wrong and going up in marks?

Please let me know.
Simbasoul
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Inevitably most people who get a remark and gain points are the ones you hear about. It is important to remember that your remark could be lower and that would mean your grade would be lower than currently. 17 points is a lot to find but mistakes do happen. We’re your teachers predicted grades generally correct or did lots of people miss their predictions?
Aamilah12
Rep:
?
I don’t know about others but I worked so hard since my mock and thought the Papers went well.
Simbasoul
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Aamilah12)
I don’t know about others but I worked so hard since my mock and thought the Papers went well.
Ask your teacher if generally everyone achieved their predicted grades - if they didn't, it could be that the predictions were ambitious and you may decide not to go for the remark - if you really feel they went well (which it seems you do) then, as long as you accept that your grades may go down, then go for it.
Aamilah12
Rep:
?
Ok I won’t go for it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (5)
9.09%
Disagree (4)
7.27%
Neither agree or disagree (16)
29.09%
Agree (19)
34.55%
Strongly Agree (11)
20%

Watched Threads