Missed the requirement grade for A levels Watch

Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I wanted to do financial studies,economics,computer science and IT in sixth form but I got a grade 4 in maths when I needed a 5 for economics and computer science.Do you think they’ll let me resit maths and still let me do my subjects at the same time?
Also I failed English literature is that important and shall I retake it or shall I just forget about it
pubjesusVB
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, in most cases they will let you resit maths alongside A levels, and it Solely depends on the college you are going to. You could ring and ask them. I'm also going to be resitting maths next year while doing my A levels since I also got a grade 4 and I needed a 6 for chem. As of English lit, you can leave it if it doesn't effect your future career but if your college suggests otherwise you should retake it.
2500_2
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 78607860)
So I wanted to do financial studies,economics,computer science and IT in sixth form but I got a grade 4 in maths when I needed a 5 for economics and computer science.Do you think they’ll let me resit maths and still let me do my subjects at the same time?
Also I failed English literature is that important and shall I retake it or shall I just forget about it
It depends if you got a pass in Eng Language. You'll need one of them to get into unis and most jobs.
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2500_2)
It depends if you got a pass in Eng Language. You'll need one of them to get into unis and most jobs.
Yeah I passed Lang
Rep:
?
(Original post by pubjesusVB)
Yes, in most cases they will let you resit maths alongside A levels, and it Solely depends on the college you are going to. You could ring and ask them. I'm also going to be resitting maths next year while doing my A levels since I also got a grade 4 and I needed a 6 for chem. As of English lit, you can leave it if it doesn't effect your future career but if your college suggests otherwise you should retake it.
Thanks for the help and I’m planning to do accounting at uni and I don’t think I’ll meed English lit, but I just want to make sure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (5)
9.62%
Disagree (4)
7.69%
Neither agree or disagree (15)
28.85%
Agree (18)
34.62%
Strongly Agree (10)
19.23%

Watched Threads