The Student Room Group

UCAS application whilst still at university

If you decide you don't like your current course, but want to stay until the end of first year, are you able to submit another UCAS application whilst still being enrolled at a university?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
If you decide you don't like your current course, but want to stay until the end of first year, are you able to submit another UCAS application whilst still being enrolled at a university?

Why would you waste money being enrolled in a course you don’t like whilst applying for a different course? You could take a year out and earn money instead. May I ask which university you want to apply to, the course and your a level grades? Which uni do you go to atm?
Reply 2
Original post by Bazyli
Why would you waste money being enrolled in a course you don’t like whilst applying for a different course? You could take a year out and earn money instead. May I ask which university you want to apply to, the course and your a level grades? Which uni do you go to atm?

It's not that I don't like the course. There are a few different courses I like and I have already had a few years out trying to decide between them so rn I need to take a punt at one. I'm not sure which university I would switch too and don't really want to reveal my current one, sorry. I have A*A*A.
Reply 3
It's not that I don't like the course. There are a few different courses I like and I have already had a few years out trying to decide between them so rn I need to take a punt at one. I'm not sure which university I would switch too and don't really want to reveal my current one, sorry. I have A*A*A.

So why do you want to switch again? You’re on anon so they won’t find out 🙂
Reply 4
Original post by Bazyli
So why do you want to switch again? You’re on anon so they won’t find out 🙂

I don't think the course I am currently studying will be very employable compared to the one i am looking to move on to.
I don't think the course I am currently studying will be very employable compared to the one i am looking to move on to.

If you've changed your mind about the course you want to do, the first step is normally to see if you can switch to it at your current uni?
Reply 6
Original post by harrysbar
If you've changed your mind about the course you want to do, the first step is normally to see if you can switch to it at your current uni?

the university I am currently at doesn't offer the course I want to study unfortunately.
the university I am currently at doesn't offer the course I want to study unfortunately.

Oh I see.

Yes, you can complete a fresh UCAS form whilst being enrolled at a uni or you can email unis to see if they will accept a transfer (not all unis do and not for all courses)
Reply 8
Original post by harrysbar
Oh I see.

Yes, you can complete a fresh UCAS form whilst being enrolled at a uni or you can email unis to see if they will accept a transfer (not all unis do and not for all courses)

ok thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending