UCAS application whilst still at university Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
If you decide you don't like your current course, but want to stay until the end of first year, are you able to submit another UCAS application whilst still being enrolled at a university?
Bazyli
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you decide you don't like your current course, but want to stay until the end of first year, are you able to submit another UCAS application whilst still being enrolled at a university?
Why would you waste money being enrolled in a course you don’t like whilst applying for a different course? You could take a year out and earn money instead. May I ask which university you want to apply to, the course and your a level grades? Which uni do you go to atm?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bazyli)
Why would you waste money being enrolled in a course you don’t like whilst applying for a different course? You could take a year out and earn money instead. May I ask which university you want to apply to, the course and your a level grades? Which uni do you go to atm?
It's not that I don't like the course. There are a few different courses I like and I have already had a few years out trying to decide between them so rn I need to take a punt at one. I'm not sure which university I would switch too and don't really want to reveal my current one, sorry. I have A*A*A.
Bazyli
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's not that I don't like the course. There are a few different courses I like and I have already had a few years out trying to decide between them so rn I need to take a punt at one. I'm not sure which university I would switch too and don't really want to reveal my current one, sorry. I have A*A*A.
So why do you want to switch again? You’re on anon so they won’t find out 🙂
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bazyli)
So why do you want to switch again? You’re on anon so they won’t find out 🙂
I don't think the course I am currently studying will be very employable compared to the one i am looking to move on to.
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't think the course I am currently studying will be very employable compared to the one i am looking to move on to.
If you've changed your mind about the course you want to do, the first step is normally to see if you can switch to it at your current uni?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by harrysbar)
If you've changed your mind about the course you want to do, the first step is normally to see if you can switch to it at your current uni?
the university I am currently at doesn't offer the course I want to study unfortunately.
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
the university I am currently at doesn't offer the course I want to study unfortunately.
Oh I see.

Yes, you can complete a fresh UCAS form whilst being enrolled at a uni or you can email unis to see if they will accept a transfer (not all unis do and not for all courses)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by harrysbar)
Oh I see.

Yes, you can complete a fresh UCAS form whilst being enrolled at a uni or you can email unis to see if they will accept a transfer (not all unis do and not for all courses)
ok thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (9)
9%
Disagree (5)
5%
Neither agree or disagree (31)
31%
Agree (40)
40%
Strongly Agree (15)
15%

Watched Threads