Is it normal to be scared of death? Watch

anonymous11123xo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm 16 and incredible anxious about the fact that one day, I'm going to die. I know it's natural and a part of life, but it's just the idea that I could probably die at age 30 something. Do people generally get less scared of death as they age?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
you could die tonight or next year or in 100 years from now. but you will die. enjoy your time in the meanwhile.

Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Those who are afraid of dying know that they have never lived.
m_j_
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I sh”” myself every time I think about it, the idea that your wiped from existence is kinda scary. Luckily I believe in god so that eases the fear a bit
cloud_9_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yh its normal u want to live life to the fullest b4 u go innit
lomnah
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes this scares me too!
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by the bear)
you could die tonight or next year or in 100 years from now. but you will die. enjoy your time in the meanwhile.

Exactly Bear. Sometimes I lay here like..wow..I'm gonna be dead. Then I shake those thoughts out of me when I tell myself I'll be ready to go but I'm not ready now cos I've done **** all with my..existence lol
ElNiñoo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I had a phrase were I was scared of this, I heard as you get older you become less afraid of death. Anyway, you are very unlikely to die relatively soon so go out and enjoy your life
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's quite common to have a fear of death but if the fear is debilitating than it may be linked to an anxiety disorder. Then go to the GP.
Saffron08
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just enjoy your life and live in the moment. There’s nothing u can do about death, I am 14 and I am scared about it as well. Don’t worry tho 😊
sorryforgotpass
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anonymous11123xo)
I'm 16 and incredible anxious about the fact that one day, I'm going to die. I know it's natural and a part of life, but it's just the idea that I could probably die at age 30 something. Do people generally get less scared of death as they age?
It absolutely gets less scary with age.
sorryforgotpass
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
It's quite common to have a fear of death but if the fear is debilitating than it may be linked to an anxiety disorder. Then go to the GP.
Wouldn't recommend this unless you really have to.... could be taken as depression which never leaves your medical record and it can bar you from jobs and various other things. Best to talk to parents first.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sorryforgotpass)
Wouldn't recommend this unless you really have to.... could be taken as depression which never leaves your medical record and it can bar you from jobs and various other things. Best to talk to parents first.
Ok
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, but not to be in constant anxiety because of it.

Just think how much worse it'd be if you had to live forever.
Alaska215
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don’t pity the dead pity the living and above all else those who live without love
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (5)
9.09%
Disagree (4)
7.27%
Neither agree or disagree (16)
29.09%
Agree (19)
34.55%
Strongly Agree (11)
20%

Watched Threads