The Student Room Group

Should I take Politics A-level?

About to start Year 12 and I know that I’m taking History and Maths. I enjoy reading about Politics in the news and am thinking of doing a degree in History as it is the subject I’m most passionate about so I think Politics would pair nicely. I don’t know if I should take a science, Politics or even a different subject as my third option. Could anyone give me an insight into Politics A-level and whether it would be highly regarded by top Russell group universities as that’s where I’m aiming to get to? I think I’d enjoy it more than a science but once again I’m not completely sure and if anyone has done history, are there other subjects that you’d suggest to take alongside it?
Go for it!!! :h:
I do it at A-level and i have to say at first i didn't get anything but its very interesting indeed!
Original post by clarecassar
About to start Year 12 and I know that I’m taking History and Maths. I enjoy reading about Politics in the news and am thinking of doing a degree in History as it is the subject I’m most passionate about so I think Politics would pair nicely. I don’t know if I should take a science, Politics or even a different subject as my third option. Could anyone give me an insight into Politics A-level and whether it would be highly regarded by top Russell group universities as that’s where I’m aiming to get to? I think I’d enjoy it more than a science but once again I’m not completely sure and if anyone has done history, are there other subjects that you’d suggest to take alongside it?

I just finished year 13 and did Maths History and Politics, if you enjoy reading about current affairs and if you enjoy history im sure you will enjoy politics (especially since the skills and sometimes content overlap nicely). Politics is highly regarded by Russel Group Unis (Im going to leeds to study history and politics). One of the best decisions I have made in my life was taking both history and politics honestly (i slowly started to hate maths as year 13 progressed lol). If you have any other questions pls let me know!
Original post by HumbleBee_x
Go for it!!! :h:
I do it at A-level and i have to say at first i didn't get anything but its very interesting indeed!

Imma have to pick your brains soon. I'm taking it too :creep:
Original post by RazzzBerries
Imma have to pick your brains soon. I'm taking it too :creep:

Edexcel Govt & politics?
Original post by HumbleBee_x
Edexcel Govt & politics?

Yhh
Original post by RazzzBerries
Yhh

Its tough at first but you get the hang of it.
You're gonna find that you're gonna get like 13/12 out of 30 in your essays...but with practice you eventually start getting 24-27 out of 30 :h:
I got an A in my AS exams!
Btw, i do warn you, you have to learn a loaddddd of contextual examples! Aswell as brexit, try to learn alot of non-brexit examples (examiners love them) and you'll hopefully learn to get the hang of mastering a good essay structure! Good luck :biggrin:

We've finished UK politics and ideologies, now we're moving onto US politics from september. Hopefully i shouldn't find it too hard to understand :h:

Quick Reply

Latest