Imamess_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey, i need some guidance of how to revise and solve pastpapers for my alevels biology and chemistry and how to ace my papers. My exam board is Cambridge. Please need some serious guidance. Thankyou
M&M1112
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Imamess_)
Hey, i need some guidance of how to revise and solve pastpapers for my alevels biology and chemistry and how to ace my papers. My exam board is Cambridge. Please need some serious guidance. Thankyou
Hey. I have also done biology and chemistry, and from experience you should definitely do a topic past paper every time you have finished a topic. When marking your paper, list the questions that you have done badly on. Those questions will be the topics that you need to revise again. You still need to revise other topics, but the ones that you're more confident on shouldn't take much time. The less confident ones should be your priority.

Also learn your scientific terms. You need to be able to understand the keywords in order to answer exam questions correctly.

Also, look at the mark schemes. Try to see if there's a pattern in how they want you to answer. I did AQA for bio and chem, and they had a specific way of how they wanted students to answer the questions. Just look out for what keywords or phrasing the examboard wants you to use.

I hope this helps
Imamess_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by M&M1112)
Hey. I have also done biology and chemistry, and from experience you should definitely do a topic past paper every time you have finished a topic. When marking your paper, list the questions that you have done badly on. Those questions will be the topics that you need to revise again. You still need to revise other topics, but the ones that you're more confident on shouldn't take much time. The less confident ones should be your priority.

Also learn your scientific terms. You need to be able to understand the keywords in order to answer exam questions correctly.

Also, look at the mark schemes. Try to see if there's a pattern in how they want you to answer. I did AQA for bio and chem, and they had a specific way of how they wanted students to answer the questions. Just look out for what keywords or phrasing the examboard wants you to use.

I hope this helps
Thanks alot☺️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19