dfbdbbbdb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi.

Prior to GCSEs I was planning on attending college, as a last minute decision however, I decided to got to my schools sixth form instead. After achieving multiple grade 8s and 9s, I was granted an interview with the head of 16 plus (on results day), he gave me an application form, and told me to email him once I'd chosen which subjects I wanted to study. After deciding, I emailed him, and he later told me he couldn't give me a place because I did not fill in a '16 plus passport' (an apparent requirement to enter). The reason I didn't fill it in was because I was planning to go to college, as aforementioned. What should I do? There are no other sixth forms in my catchment area..
nzy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What the hell's a 16 plus passport.
dfbdbbbdb
Rep:
?
(Original post by nzy)
What the hell's a 16 plus passport.
I have no idea why my school does it. It's like a booklet you give to the teacher at the end of every lesson and they tick a box to say how you've been in lesson. (eg tick good behaviour, punctuality)
nzy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by dfbdbbbdb)
I have no idea why my school does it. It's like a booklet you give to the teacher at the end of every lesson and they tick a box to say how you've been in lesson. (eg tick good behaviour, punctuality)
So why did you need to fill it in? Does your school not have a log system where they keep track of stuff like this?
Contact your school to arrange a meeting to discuss it (bring your parents - that always helps). If there were any issues with attendance and behaviour that would warrant you not being given a place, it should be the school's responsibility to know about them anyway, especially given that you're an internal student.
dfbdbbbdb
Rep:
?
(Original post by nzy)
So why did you need to fill it in? Does your school not have a log system where they keep track of stuff like this?
Contact your school to arrange a meeting to discuss it (bring your parents - that always helps). If there were any issues with attendance and behaviour that would warrant you not being given a place, it should be the school's responsibility to know about them anyway, especially given that you're an internal student.
I've asked him for a meeting, but he refuses. He states all sixth formers should have a passport filled in to attend and there is no way for me to enter without it,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (26)
6.6%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (230)
58.38%
No (138)
35.03%

Watched Threads