General question about email that everyone can answer.. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Just a general question I wondered do you use your full name in your email address? i.e. does it consist of your full name? I don't know whether to include my full name in email as some people say you shouldn't for privacy reasons.

Also how many email addresses do you have? I have about 7 they have accumulated since childhood : /
lunaloo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i used my first name but not my last
morningstar461
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have a "professional" email that has my full name which I only use for things like job applications where they have my full name anyway, I also have a main email address and a few others that don't include my name at all which I use for more general stuff.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by morningstar461)
I have a "professional" email that has my full name which I only use for things like job applications where they have my full name anyway, I also have a main email address and a few others that don't include my name at all which I use for more general stuff.
If you don't include your name how do create an email address that sounds mature? For example I prefer not to use my name but I have an email beginning with 'raidergalz' which I created as a child and everyone laughs at lol. Im trying to create one which doesn't include my name and that also sounds mature : /
morningstar461
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you don't include your name how do create an email address that sounds mature? For example I prefer not to use my name but I have an email beginning with 'raidergalz' which I created as a child and everyone laughs at lol. Im trying to create one which doesn't include my name and that also sounds mature : /
Well the only one that I'm particularly bothered about sounding mature is my professional one. My main one is very similar to my username on here, which I also use on just about everything else so it fits as my email.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by morningstar461)
Well the only one that I'm particularly bothered about sounding mature is my professional one. My main one is very similar to my username on here, which I also use on just about everything else so it fits as my email.
Ah ok, Im a bit embarrassed thinking back as with the job I have now I used an email beginning 'purplesparrow' and another one which they have begins with 'redrock' : /. Im nearing my late twenties lol. Which id have created a professional email early bet the employers were thinking wtf.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (9)
8.91%
Disagree (5)
4.95%
Neither agree or disagree (32)
31.68%
Agree (40)
39.6%
Strongly Agree (15)
14.85%

Watched Threads