What happens if you lie on your UCAS form? Watch

sanderson100
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I was curious about what may happen if you lie on your UCAS application form, not about the grades you got but about what else you've done?
S.carter
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sanderson100)
I was curious about what may happen if you lie on your UCAS application form, not about the grades you got but about what else you've done?
If they interview you and catch you out they’ll highly likely not give you a place and it’ll be very embarrassing.
Lying on UCAS (I’m assuming you mean on the PS) is a bad idea.
super_kawaii
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sanderson100)
Best case scenario, your acceptance is seriously delayed due to unis not being able to match up your grades to your profile.

Worst case scenario, you get your entire application cancelled on the grounds of fraud
za45
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
For example, if you mention in your personal statement that you read the nursing times magazine, when in fact you don't, the interviewer can ask you to talk about it. This can cause you to mess up on your interview since you lied it would be obvious as you are clueless of what is in regards of the magazine. Be honest, it will be easier for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (35)
7.23%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (286)
59.09%
No (163)
33.68%

Watched Threads