The Student Room Group

Got unlucky with getting girls to talk to me

Hi,

This is going to be quite a question that I would like to know. I’m not angry or anything but I want to know why Girls/women in London didn’t say anything back to me when I said Hi. I know I got a bit of game but as you know I’m not in all for picking up but more like a guy having a casual chat nothing too serious or anything basically want to get to know them more. So Yh Why would they can’t reply back to me?
Reply 1
freedom of speech and expression, no one is obligated to reply to you
It’s kinda weird someone just saying hi on the street
D
Original post by S.carter
It’s kinda weird someone just saying hi on the street

Yh but except in other cultures or Eastern European, American, or any other cultures its pretty normal or say hi but in London it’s just the opposite of normality, so there is something wrong with this culture that seems to go backwards.
Original post by MohamedAdan
D

Yh but except in other cultures or Eastern European, American, or any other cultures its pretty normal or say hi but in London it’s just the opposite of normality, so there is something wrong with this culture that seems to go backwards.

It's the UK.. Not America.. Accept the culture and move on
Original post by Zain_Ahmed
It's the UK.. Not America.. Accept the culture and move on

I already accepted the culture since I came here and already it’s the same old same old. So would go to another country with a Different culture and different language and probably new me just a bit of different guy no personality change, but like just change the mood and be happy more like. That’s if I can have some money and a job and a house then I can move.
I already accepted the culture since I came here and already it’s the same old same old. So would go to another country with a Different culture and different language and probably new me just a bit of different guy no personality change, but like just change the mood and be happy more like. That’s if I can have some money and a job and a house then I can move.

They were happy.. You probably scared them by saying "hi".. Like why??? Don't you have any friends?? Family?? If you accept the culture why are you crying like a 3 year old??
Original post by Zain_Ahmed
They were happy.. You probably scared them by saying "hi".. Like why??? Don't you have any friends?? Family?? If you accept the culture why are you crying like a 3 year old??

I wasn’t crying, I was just want to know why like saying hi is the worst thing in the UK. And why you asking me a ridiculous question about why I was crying like a 3 year old like this culture should’ve change or something but I don’t know why I feel like this like my professional life isn’t going so well, and it affects on this as well, so I guess it is what it is just got to take it on the chin, and move on
and move on

I wonder who gave you that idea?? Hmmmm :dontknow:
I wasn’t crying, I was just want to know why like saying hi is the worst thing in the UK. And why you asking me a ridiculous question about why I was crying like a 3 year old like this culture should’ve change or something but I don’t know why I feel like this like my professional life isn’t going so well, and it affects on this as well, so I guess it is what it is just got to take it on the chin, and move on

It's not the worse thing. People just want to get on with their day to day lives and in cities its just not the done thing. In the countryside though it's just polite to say hello or smile at people you pass.
Original post by xEmilyxx
It's not the worse thing. People just want to get on with their day to day lives and in cities its just not the done thing. In the countryside though it's just polite to say hello or smile at people you pass.

Pretty much Yh.

Quick Reply

Latest