Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
True...
Flashsav
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Money does help I guess in some respect, but money doesn’t bringing you happiness, it can give you things that make you happy but not happiness itself
fefssdf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
you need money of course to live but if you have enough to get by in terms of being able to feed yourself and have a roof over your head then you can find happiness in other forms, such as through people you spend time with, or just wondering about your local area and doing things that don't require money like going for a run or visiting a free museum
of course money is great but sometimes not having much for a while makes u realise that you can have fun without it,you've just gotta be more creative
sorryforgotpass
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Like you NEED some money, right?!
Are you under 18? If you’re somewhat intelligent it’s extremely difficult to run out of it even in a totally average job unless you buy totally unnecessary crap, I don’t think many teenagers realise this.
Last edited by sorryforgotpass; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
Money can get you things which make you happy for a while. Financial security is also comforting. But otherwise, I don't think money itself brings much happiness. There are plenty of things I'd rather have than money (some of them do require money, I'll admit).
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I just consider money as an essential to live and survive, I don't love money like many rich people, they are just pieces of metal and paper to me at the end of the day.
tamil fever
Badges: 18
Report 3 weeks ago
Imo money comes and goes so it doesn't really affect me and its there for me to have food etc and shelter.I'm not going to take money to my grave when I die.On my death bed instead of thinking omg I had so much fun in this life because of my money I would instead think about my time here,people,what I've done and if I was content.
Money brings you short term happiness and once you have something you will only want more and more and never be fully satisfied.I guess it's just happiness with what you have than what you don't.E.g people you care for and vice versa,enjoying the little things in life etc.
Anonymous #4
Report 3 weeks ago
As opposed to some of the others on this post, I absolutely love money and completely agree with this thread 🙂
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
True and lasting happiness can only come from within as the novelty of anything you buy with money eventually wears off. That said, I also love money, doesn’t mean I need to be rich to be happy or anything, but what’s the point in not liking it?
username4889668
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
There’s a difference between having money and just being able to literally survive firstly.

Secondly that’s a thing rich people say.
Oli9050
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I've been to third world countries, and those with the least amount of money seem to be the happiest I've ever met... I also walked home with a couple of lovely homeless people the other night, and despite having quite literally nothing, they seemed very happy in their lives.

So no, money is not important to being happy, and if you think it is then there's probably some underlying issues that will lead to you constantly being unhappy.
07dasein
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Money lets you live comfortably. If greed doesn't get you, money may make happiness more attainable by providing more opportunity to experience places, events and people, and by letting you focus on self-improvement and hobbies. You can be happy despite being low-income if you have a good attitude and are surrounded by people or places that improve your mood, but it will be uncomfortable and you will struggle.
Alisha999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Money gives you a bit more freedom, therefore bringing you some form of happiness.
However, money imo only brings temporary happiness, whereas family and friends and having people around you, who bring good company, that provides you with more longer lasting happiness!
Greywolftwo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Like you NEED some money, right?!
Yes of course, you need enough to live a healthy lifestyle but you should idolise money or obsess over earning lots of money
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
who said dat
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (164)
24.59%
Pop (164)
24.59%
Jazz (26)
3.9%
Classical (40)
6%
Hip-Hop (121)
18.14%