Nomedeutilizador
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I really wanted to know what is the best uni to study biomedical sciences . I want to do a Masters degree. I’m an international student so I really don’t know which unis to look at. I was advised to look at Newcastle University and Lancaster University, but I don’t know if they are strong in biomed.
Last edited by Nomedeutilizador; 2 years ago
Bangz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My bad is Ms med or a masters degree?
Nomedeutilizador
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bangz)
My bad is Ms med or a masters degree?
Masters degree, sorry for the mess
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nomedeutilizador)
I really wanted to know what is the best uni to study biomedical sciences . I want to do a Masters degree. I’m an international student so I really don’t know which unis to look at. I was advised to look at Newcastle University and Lancaster University, but I don’t know if they are strong in biomed.
Hello,
Lancaster is a top 10 university and one of the highest ranked in the UK. One thing that makes it stand out is its college system. If you come to Lancaster then you'll be in Graduate college and you'll be able to live on campus with other graduates. You'll have your own bar and study spaces separate from the undergraduates as well as access to everything. About a quarter of the students at Lancaster are postgraduates and there'll be lots of events aimed at graduates in particular. In terms of the department, the labs are all new and fit for purpose and the department is large and covers lot of different topics.
Let me know if you have any specific questions that I can help you with,
Charlotte
2nd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Nomedeutilizador
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hello,
Lancaster is a top 10 university and one of the highest ranked in the UK. One thing that makes it stand out is its college system. If you come to Lancaster then you'll be in Graduate college and you'll be able to live on campus with other graduates. You'll have your own bar and study spaces separate from the undergraduates as well as access to everything. About a quarter of the students at Lancaster are postgraduates and there'll be lots of events aimed at graduates in particular. In terms of the department, the labs are all new and fit for purpose and the department is large and covers lot of different topics.
Let me know if you have any specific questions that I can help you with,
Charlotte
2nd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Thank you! I really want to apply there, I’ve searched in the uni’s website and it stood out for me. I need a place to feel like home because I’ll be km away from home, and I really got that from Lancaster! Thanks for your help!
Also, do you think it’s better to do Biomedical Sciences or biological sciences with something else?
Leonor 😁
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nomedeutilizador)
Thank you! I really want to apply there, I’ve searched in the uni’s website and it stood out for me. I need a place to feel like home because I’ll be km away from home, and I really got that from Lancaster! Thanks for your help!
Also, do you think it’s better to do Biomedical Sciences or biological sciences with something else?
Leonor 😁
It depends what you're interested in mostly! There's some open days in September if you want to have a look (they're undergrad but you can speak to some academics). I believe Biological Sciences will have a lot more from LEC (Lancaster Environment Centre) which involves Ecology, Zoology, Evolution kind of stuff as oppose to Biomedicine which will be in BLS (Biological Life Sciences) which involves more Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Genetics, Microbiology kind of stuff. I'm not an expert so maybe order a perspective to see the course structures?
Charlotte
Nomedeutilizador
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
It depends what you're interested in mostly! There's some open days in September if you want to have a look (they're undergrad but you can speak to some academics). I believe Biological Sciences will have a lot more from LEC (Lancaster Environment Centre) which involves Ecology, Zoology, Evolution kind of stuff as oppose to Biomedicine which will be in BLS (Biological Life Sciences) which involves more Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Genetics, Microbiology kind of stuff. I'm not an expert so maybe order a perspective to see the course structures?
Charlotte
Yes, I’m definitely more into biomed. I’m going to check the course structure to be sure if it is my top course choice. Thanks for the advice,
Leonor
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (313)
83.91%
No (60)
16.09%

Watched Threads