Tolgarda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by failure4039)
Sorry? i got a 6. Can you read properly?
Evidently not. Sorry, a grade 6 then. That is what you earned. THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE WORTH!

Spoiler:
Show
I'm not serious with that last sentence. Sorry if I'm having too much fun for your taste.

People will not judge you by your actual exam result. YOU will though. That's the difference. Don't say 'people' when its only you. People around you like your teachers will judge you on your records in your class and how well you've done in class, have you been putting in effort into your homework and how well you were doing up till your exam. They will judge you like that. NOT by your grade unless they don't know you, but even then people will ask you how your performance was in class.
Damn! I don't know what kind of people you are around, but that certainly wasn't the case for me! You're quite lucky I'd say. Everyone I know cared only about the grade I got in the end. That is all.

How on earth are you a study forum helper when all you do is put others down and tell them to accept a grade, when potentially they could get it remarked and get a better grade. You are literally talking as if no one deserves a remark or a review of their work. What i would recommend you to do is act like the title your given, and help students rather than put them down. Many many students have come out with much better grades after remarks, and we can be potentially be one of them.
You'd be mistaken if you continued to think that '[putting] others down' is all I do. I've helped students throughout the year on multiple social media platforms. I didn't just walk up to the mods and demand that they confer this title on me. People don't deserve grades, but they do deserve reviews of marking. That is very different. I never said that people didn't deserve to challenge their grades. If it changes, they earn a different grade due to the errors in the marking process. Should it stay the same, that is the grade they have earned, and they deserve nothing more or less.

Also, i recommend you stop saying 'lol', nothing here is funny and we are rather serious.. You clearly think its a joke if your laughing out loud about this issue, while putting us down at the same time.
I'm not putting anyone down. I'm being a little honest, that's all. It's nothing too bad.

Did i say i was ungrateful for the grade i got? people would die for this grade in English and by NO MEANS am i saying that a grade 6 is bad, but if i know i did better, as well as my marks being inconsistent, teachers opinions, news reports supporting me, and even an examiner saying that standardisation scripts are everywhere, your opinion is worth crumbs, but i chose to reply to you to show that the way you see everything is not how everyone else does.
Too bad you think 16 year old's are kids. what are you then, a child? People get remarks and come out with much better grades, you need to accept the fact that this happens and also accept the fact that people think they did better. Clearly you cant.
First of all, you don't know that you did better, you just think that the examiners were wrong.

Second of all, teachers opinions and news reports don't really matter that much in the face of the actual test result, but you can keep believing that. As if BBC or your teacher complaining will make the examiner change their mind, oh dear.

Third of all, one examiner out of all of them is basically just someone whining a bit. It's no that serious. It's literally one examiner disagreeing with the senior examiner's mark.

Finally, I can deal with it. I can't deal with people thinking they deserve more than what they earn when they actually shouldn't. I don't mind the system whereby students can challenge their grades. I do mind people thinking that they are entitled to a higher grade because their teacher said so or anything along those lines.
takemystress
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I think you may of misunderstood the whole of this thread. I never came here and said i deserve 9s even though i didn’t apply the effort. I wanted to make sure i was being stupid and that my grade could actually improve if i do ask for a remark. The new gcse system is unfair and quite honestly i’m glad that i’m finally going to be able to put it behind me. But however i want to challenge it as my effort in the exams was definitely not reflected in my results. I never wanted to come across like i wanted 8s and like i deserved them. However i know multiple people who worked very hard for exams and the grades do not reflect it. Are you saying that maybe they don’t deserve a higher grade? Because if not then i’m stuck. If hard work and effort doesn’t equate to success. Then i can’t wait to half arse my way through life
failure4039
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Evidently not. Sorry, a grade 6 then. That is what you earned. THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE WORTH!

Spoiler:
Show
I'm not serious with that last sentence. Sorry if I'm having too much fun for your taste.

Damn! I don't know what kind of people you are around, but that certainly wasn't the case for me! You're quite lucky I'd say. Everyone I know cared only about the grade I got in the end. That is all.

You'd be mistaken if you continued to think that '[putting] others down' is all I do. I've helped students throughout the year on multiple social media platforms. I didn't just walk up to the mods and demand that they confer this title on me. People don't deserve grades, but they do deserve reviews of marking. That is very different. I never said that people didn't deserve to challenge their grades. If it changes, they earn a different grade due to the errors in the marking process. Should it stay the same, that is the grade they have earned, and they deserve nothing more or less.

I'm not putting anyone down. I'm being a little honest, that's all. It's nothing too bad.

First of all, you don't know that you did better, you just think that the examiners were wrong.

Second of all, teachers opinions and news reports don't really matter that much in the face of the actual test result, but you can keep believing that. As if BBC or your teacher complaining will make the examiner change their mind, oh dear.

Third of all, one examiner out of all of them is basically just someone whining a bit. It's no that serious. It's literally one examiner disagreeing with the senior examiner's mark.

Finally, I can deal with it. I can't deal with people thinking they deserve more than what they earn when they actually shouldn't. I don't mind the system whereby students can challenge their grades. I do mind people thinking that they are entitled to a higher grade because their teacher said so or anything along those lines.
Dont tell me my worth, stay in your lane mate. Do not dare sit here,behind a screen and tell people what they are worth. Look at yourself and go and learn some manners on how to talk to someone, clearly you think your better by telling me my worth and you dont even know me! How stupid of you!
And sorry man, i cba reading the rest, your giving too much attention to something you cannot relate to and i am not letting anyone tell me any better, including someone as inexperienced as you, who doesn't know a thing about me, doesn't know the grades i got in my school records, doesn't know my teachers opinions or anything as such. If you want to say something, say it, dont include a spoiler saying sorry to me about your petty last sentence. You cant deal with people thinking they deserve better? Remove yourself from this thread then.
failure4039
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
D... did you not read the spoiler or something? I wasn't serious. You sound as if you take that seriously, but I might be mistaken. Since I am not serious, I do not think I am better by telling you your 'worth' (even though I actually didn't). You're calling me stupid for taking something seriously that I said wasn't serious? Really?

I can deal with thinking they deserve better (e.g. the suffragettes). I can't deal with people thinking that they do when, in reality, they probably don't. I won't do what you tell me to.

Oh, so you did read the spoiler. Look, I cannot believe you took the last sentence, which wasn't serious, seriously. There was no malice in that!
ill be contacting you after getting the grade from my remark.
takemystress
Rep:
?
This was started as a support system. Please keep it that way instead of filling people with dread and making their dreams feel like they don’t matter. My dreams aren’t reachable without a 6 in english. I worked for a 6 in english. And hopefully a remark will give me a 6 in english. Please do us all a favour and leave the conversation. You’re making me and many others feel like we and our dreams and goals never mattered. I want the best for myself and i’m working hard everyday to be able to get there. Please stop with negativity.
PranPlays35
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
D... did you not read the spoiler or something? I wasn't serious. You sound as if you take that seriously, but I might be mistaken. Since I am not serious, I do not think I am better by telling you your 'worth' (even though I actually didn't). You're calling me stupid for taking something seriously that I said wasn't serious? Really?

I can deal with thinking they deserve better (e.g. the suffragettes). I can't deal with people thinking that they do when, in reality, they probably don't. I won't do what you tell me to.

Oh, so you did read the spoiler. Look, I cannot believe you took the last sentence, which wasn't serious, seriously. There was no malice in that!
Can you please leave this thread?
PranPlays35
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by takemystress)
This was started as a support system. Please keep it that way instead of filling people with dread and making their dreams feel like they don’t matter. My dreams aren’t reachable without a 6 in english. I worked for a 6 in english. And hopefully a remark will give me a 6 in english. Please do us all a favour and leave the conversation. You’re making me and many others feel like we and our dreams and goals never mattered. I want the best for myself and i’m working hard everyday to be able to get there. Please stop with negativity.
Anyone got their results yet?
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PranPlays35)
Anyone got their results yet?
If it's AQA then they normally take at least 7-10 days from the time when the school actually submits the request - if you didn't submit the request on results day then it may not be processed until term starts.
PranPlays35
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Compost)
If it's AQA then they normally take at least 7-10 days from the time when the school actually submits the request - if you didn't submit the request on results day then it may not be processed until term starts.
Just got my remarks back for English. Went up to a 6 for language, nothing changed for literature.
takemystress
Rep:
?
Just got my remarks back for English. Went up to a 6 for language, nothing changed for literature.
how many marks were you originally off the 6?
PranPlays35
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by takemystress)
how many marks were you originally off the 6?
i was 2 marks off, went up by 3, im getting lit paper 1 remarked since lit paper 2 didnt work
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was predicted a 6 and for a very high 9 for both language and literature. But then I go to a private school so we could do IGCSE English which is easier than the regular GCSE. Most people in my year got 7s and 8s.
takemystress
Rep:
?
i was 2 marks off, went up by 3, im getting lit paper 1 remarked since lit paper 2 didnt work
i was 6 marks off a 6 so obviously my school denied my request for a remark. But me and my mum are considering paying for it. There isn’t much point but i need a 6 for uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.06%
No (322)
75.94%

Watched Threads