The Student Room Group

Talking to girls

Alright so I've always been quite self conscious but in the last year or two I've met some girls on line. But two of three of them live nowhere near me and there never seems to be any potential to meet. I've been talking to one for a while, and she seems to really like me. The thing is she lives quite a bit from me , over an hour's drive and my mum and dad would always object to me meeting anyone online. Any suggestions ? Thanks
Could you maybe get a train? Maybe bring it up with her first and see if it would even be a possibility.
Also you could talk to your parents once you've spoken to her about the possibility, maybe call her first and show them that she's not dangerous. Unfortunately I don't have much experience on this so may not be a great deal of help but nevertheless I hope this has been helpful.
Original post by Anonymous
Alright so I've always been quite self conscious but in the last year or two I've met some girls on line. But two of three of them live nowhere near me and there never seems to be any potential to meet. I've been talking to one for a while, and she seems to really like me. The thing is she lives quite a bit from me , over an hour's drive and my mum and dad would always object to me meeting anyone online. Any suggestions ? Thanks

have you guys ever video chatted? try that before meeting up in real life and tell your parents about it that you guys know each others well enough to meet. you don't want to be texting a woman and then meeting them only to find out they're a man.

If you want to talk to girls just be confident and anyways I don’t understand the hassle of talking to girls, their just girls after all aren’t they? Not gonna bite!
Reply 5
have you guys ever video chatted? try that before meeting up in real life and tell your parents about it that you guys know each others well enough to meet. you don't want to be texting a woman and then meeting them only to find out they're a man.

I will suggest that again but I have spoken to her on the phone several times
Reply 6
Could you maybe get a train? Maybe bring it up with her first and see if it would even be a possibility.

I don't think there is a train station where she lives. I think I'll discuss it with my parents first and then maybe shve if she wants to meet somewhere that's accessible to us both ?

Seriously just go out somewhere and meet girls, at the pub maybe and talk to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending