The Student Room Group

My gcse resultss

My gcse results came back anything but I wanted I’m so glad I passed but I expected more and now I’m wondering if I should retake english Lang in
y11?
Do you think it’s worth it?

Scroll to see replies

Nada
Reply 2
Resitting is only really necessary if you didn't get a 4 or above. I don't think it's worth it unless you failed English, in which case you must resit.
Original post by Anthos
Resitting is only really necessary if you didn't get a 4 or above. I don't think it's worth it unless you failed English, in which case you must resit.

I got a 4 and I’m retaking for the same reason as OP and uni requires higher grades like 6 or 7 which I wanna get!
Reply 4
Original post by Thestudent107Y
My gcse results came back anything but I wanted I’m so glad I passed but I expected more and now I’m wondering if I should retake english Lang in
y11?

Yes why not? You have taken it a year early so there is every chance you would do better next year.
Original post by Scotney
Yes why not? You have taken it a year early so there is every chance you would do better next year.

Less stress for me and English language is not my strongest subject so if I get a 4 again or less that’d be waste of time
Original post by Sannah 21
I got a 4 and I’m retaking for the same reason as OP and uni requires higher grades like 6 or 7 which I wanna get!

I was jus glad I was getting some of my subjects out the way but now I’m rethinking if a 4 is good enough
I was jus glad I was getting some of my subjects out the way but now I’m rethinking if a 4 is good enough

I forgot to mention that I’m talking bout yr 12
I’m gonna retake while in yr 12 and I got a 4 in GCSE ffs.....
I HATE English! Like I always get 4 and 5 I can’t improve!
But urgh I gotta do past papers and sht like that....
4 isn’t that good and can’t really open ur options wen looking for colleges, uni , work maybe even...
I forgot to mention that I’m talking bout yr 12
I’m gonna retake while in yr 12 and I got a 4 in GCSE ffs.....
I HATE English! Like I always get 4 and 5 I can’t improve!
But urgh I gotta do past papers and sht like that....
4 isn’t that good and can’t really open ur options wen looking for colleges, uni , work maybe even...

I’m honestly stuck I’m definitely leaning more to not resitting but i kinda want to as well
Reply 9
I’m honestly stuck I’m definitely leaning more to not resitting but i kinda want to as well

Depends what you want in life!

I think it’ll be better
It’ll be more work but better for ur future
y11?

Don’t worry you passed, I went into GCSEs after being ill with measles for two and a half weeks before exams and was only cleared to go into school by public health England two days before my first exam, they are like the CDC of England. I was only declared completely free and cured during the May half term, I got enough to go into sixth form but didn’t actually pass all exams. I’m just glad Boris Johnson is going to make it illegal to not vaccinate against measles, I wouldn’t want anyone going through the pain I went through.

I have also been declared a medical mystery because I had the vaccination when I was a child and had the booster in year nine, the doctors also tried to be a bit hush hush as well as school because they didn’t want people to know that a child had had all the necessary protection against the virus which would mean you have less than a 1% chance of getting it but I got it
I was predicted 7s and 8s but then I got measles and couldn’t work because of the pain and I also struggled to revise while GCSEs were going on as well. I can out of my RS exam on the first day with my hands bleeding because of the pain and how they were red raw
Original post by Greywolftwo
Don’t worry you passed, I went into GCSEs after being ill with measles for two and a half weeks before exams and was only cleared to go into school by public health England two days before my first exam, they are like the CDC of England. I was only declared completely free and cured during the May half term, I got enough to go into sixth form but didn’t actually pass all exams. I’m just glad Boris Johnson is going to make it illegal to not vaccinate against measles, I wouldn’t want anyone going through the pain I went through.

I have also been declared a medical mystery because I had the vaccination when I was a child and had the booster in year nine, the doctors also tried to be a bit hush hush as well as school because they didn’t want people to know that a child had had all the necessary protection against the virus which would mean you have less than a 1% chance of getting it but I got it

It’s jus I’m scared to make the wrong decision :frown:
I think it’ll be better
It’ll be more work but better for ur future

How do you revise for english Lang? I did past papers and read model answers and tried to meet their standards and stuff but it didnt work out great (mostly cus I was focused on business which I even got lower than expected)
It’s jus I’m scared to make the wrong decision :frown:

That was a side rant of mine sorry
How do you revise for english Lang? I did past papers and read model answers and tried to meet their standards and stuff but it didnt work out great (mostly cus I was focused on business which I even got lower than expected)

Did u do ur business GCSE
Omfg I found those papers SO FCKIN EASY yet I end up with a 5?!?!?!
I mean that’s alright but wtfffff
I thought a 7 at least!

How to revise for eng Lang? I have no idea....
Everyone says different things but nothing works for me coz I HATE ENGLISHHHHH
Did u do ur business GCSE
Omfg I found those papers SO FCKIN EASY yet I end up with a 5?!?!?!
I mean that’s alright but wtfffff
I thought a 7 at least!

Omd are we the same peopleeee yeh I did business and ended up with a 5 my teacher said I’d be getting 7s and I was getting 7s in mocks so when I saw the 5 I was like the hell happened I’m so confused because my confidence was so high and I revised and revised everything
Original post by Greywolftwo
That was a side rant of mine sorry

Hehe it’s okay we all have our rants :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest