How hard is a level 4 (higher) apprenticeship ? Watch

snalex
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi I am an 18 year old looking for an apprenticeship in Network Engineering and wasn’t wondering how hard or in better perspective how much knowledge should I know in the area if I have never worked hands on in this area as it is a apprenticeship will they expect me to know a lot about the job area or would I have to change apprenticeship for a lower level to understand specifically that sector as I went to college and learnt a mixture of units and only had one unit on networking. What do you guys think?
Hoc est Bellum
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by snalex)
Hi I am an 18 year old looking for an apprenticeship in Network Engineering and wasn’t wondering how hard or in better perspective how much knowledge should I know in the area if I have never worked hands on in this area as it is a apprenticeship will they expect me to know a lot about the job area or would I have to change apprenticeship for a lower level to understand specifically that sector as I went to college and learnt a mixture of units and only had one unit on networking. What do you guys think?
Apprenticeships don't require any knowledge at the beginning (or at least mine didn't). Normally they will send you to a practical school to learn practical skills (where on my first day I was trying to hammer a screw into a wall) as well as a theoretical school. They will teach you all you need to know - that is why it is an apprenticeship not a job.

Please give me an upvote!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads