How embarrassing is my business and should I tell me mates about it? Watch

Charlie_nfc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Really bizarre question but to keep it simple I currently have a business selling LEGO and I’ve made a bunch of money selling it (2k a month). It helps me pay for a lot of stuff and I can help my family with rent etc so it’s a great business to have but I was wondering as it’s a childish thing should I tell people I sell LEGO or just not specify what I sell? How embarrassing is it that I sell LEGO to people at 20? I’m just curious to see what people think, thanks

(Also realised I said me mates in the title lol)
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Charlie_nfc)
Really bizarre question but to keep it simple I currently have a business selling LEGO and I’ve made a bunch of money selling it (2k a month). It helps me pay for a lot of stuff and I can help my family with rent etc so it’s a great business to have but I was wondering as it’s a childish thing should I tell people I sell LEGO or just not specify what I sell? How embarrassing is it that I sell LEGO to people at 20? I’m just curious to see what people think, thanks

(Also realised I said me mates in the title lol)
What's there to be embarrassed about? It's not like you are selling sex toys...
LinaHearts
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Honestly if someone told me they were 20 and making 2k a month i wouldn't care if they were selling lollipops because damn their making 2k a month! So i don't think its embarrassing at all! On the contrary its quite an achievement.
tamil fever
Report 3 weeks ago
nothing bad at all.Its infact really clever.Go ahead and say you sell lego.Dw about it
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nothing embarrassing about it, quite interesting actually. How does that even work?
Charlie_nfc
Rep:
?
(Original post by tamil fever)
nothing bad at all.Its infact really clever.Go ahead and say you sell lego.Dw about
(Original post by LinaHearts)
Honestly if someone told me they were 20 and making 2k a month i wouldn't care if they were selling lollipops because damn their making 2k a month! So i don't think its embarrassing at all! On the contrary its quite an achievement.
Thank you, it’s just so funny people think it’s bizarre every time i was just curious to see what random people thought 👍
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think it’s impressive and not embarrassing at all.
lilTrain
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i dont see anything weird about it. how do you sell it? do you make them into structures first? because thats actually pretty cool
Charlie_nfc
Rep:
?
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
Nothing embarrassing about it, quite interesting actually. How does that even work?
Buying and reselling is my highest turnover, custom characters is a new avenue im taking
plainjayne1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm 38 and I buy lego kits because I enjoy them. I'm not embarrassed about that. It's less embarrassing to be making money from Lego. How old do you think toy shop owners are?
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If someone finds it bizarre, especially your age, ask them how much they’re making a month...
Charlie_nfc
Rep:
?
(Original post by lilTrain)
i dont see anything weird about it. how do you sell it? do you make them into structures first? because thats actually pretty cool
Thanks, yeah you can buy old sets or characters and you can build it yourself to sell it for more or just say it’s a complete set and hope the person trusts you lol. I was lucky getting my first lot and knew a little about it as I had Lego when I was 12
The Mogg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well if people do take the piss just say you make 2k a month, probably more than them, and tell them to shove the Lego up their arses
Charlie_nfc
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
If someone finds it bizarre, especially your age, ask them how much they’re making a month...
(Original post by The Mogg)
Well if people do take the piss just say you make 2k a month, probably more than them, and tell them to shove the Lego up their arses
Lol yeah the money side usually shuts them up to be honest after they take the piss but thanks
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Charlie_nfc)
Buying and reselling is my highest turnover, custom characters is a new avenue im taking
Fairs, just been reading about it and how people also buy sets and then sell the parts separately for a profit. Seems quite interesting, though for that approach I assume you'd have to actually know some stuff about Lego, and I know literally nothing :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (164)
24.59%
Pop (164)
24.59%
Jazz (26)
3.9%
Classical (40)
6%
Hip-Hop (121)
18.14%