The Student Room Group

Final year maintenance loan

I've noticed around that on your final year you won't receive near the amount you've been getting on previous years (regarding maintenance loan). I've been given around 40% less than all my previous loans putting me into a situation where I won't be able to afford uni. What do people do when they're in this position?

(I have a part time job whilst living with my parents but my uni is a long long away so I wouldn't be able to stay with them & attend.)
Original post by Luwak
I've noticed around that on your final year you won't receive near the amount you've been getting on previous years (regarding maintenance loan). I've been given around 40% less than all my previous loans putting me into a situation where I won't be able to afford uni. What do people do when they're in this position?

(I have a part time job whilst living with my parents but my uni is a long long away so I wouldn't be able to stay with them & attend.)

Hi there,

Student Finance England reduce the amount of Maintenance Loan you receive in your final year as you are not entitled to financial support when your course has ended. Therefore, the loan does not cover the summer holiday in that year.

Has your application been income assessed?

Thanks, Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending