Going to Aston for a year...what's it like?

Watch
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by makeup)
do u know if they have good connections with law firms?
Honestly not too sure. I would guess so but try check their website it will probably say on there
Anonymous #3
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by WelpThisIsSad)
Didn't get into my top choice uni so I got into Clearing to Aston. I am heavily considering re-taking my A-Levels during my first year so I can move on.

However, I just want to clear a few things before I am making the right decision. My friends say the people there are 'chavy' and theres a lot of 'tossers' as well. My school was full of them and I'd hate to go to the exact same place for another year
Did you go to Aston or did you resit your A levels? I am worried about Aston being chavvy as well, the applicant day wasn't the best experience for me. Hopefully its not. Its my insurance choice and am worried I might go there.
mukhtar1122
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m thinking of going to Aston this year is there a lot of black people
ACE_DK
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There will always be a group for you to fit into. In regards to people not wanting to be there, they will drop out by Christmas.
mukhtar1122
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh right do u go to aston
ACE_DK
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mukhtar1122)
I’m thinking of going to Aston this year is there a lot of black people
How does this affect your decision?
mukhtar1122
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It hasn’t it’s just I’ve come from a town where there is predominantly Asians I’d just rather go to a uni where there are people that look like me
ACE_DK
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It hasn’t it’s just I’ve come from a town where there is predominantly Asians I’d just rather go to a uni where there are people that look like me
I'm not sure about proportions but yes, there also plenty of asians.
Not sure where you're from, There's not as many as in a place like Bradford but there's enough.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Aston has one of the lowest percentages of white people in the UK. Many people who go there are local to Birmingham and the surrounding area which is very multicultural. There are more people Asian and Black ethnic backgrounds than white.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (41)
13.67%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (44)
14.67%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (105)
35%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (29)
9.67%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (65)
21.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
5.33%

Watched Threads