Sannah 21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I used to watch all the GCSE reaction videos 2017 and 18 and even a level results
I would just binge watch.....
But once it came to my GCSE results on Thursday I can’t even watch another GCSE reaction video.... 😣😫😩
Theyre all so smart but I just wanna be lazy u k??? I wanna earn bare money but urghhhh I’m just fckin lazyyyyy
officialmay
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ok so how did it go? What did you get?
Sannah 21
Rep:
?
EDEXCEL Combined Science Higher: 77

EDEXCEL Business: 5

EDEXCEL GEOGRAPHY B: 4

EDEXCEL Mathematics Higher: 6

EDEXCEL Psychology: 5

AQA Dance: 3

AQA Spanish Higher: 8

AQA English language: 4

AQA English Literature: 5

I’m gonna retake Eng Lang to get a higher grade coz I need it! My sis is like it is better for uni’s
officialmay
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You’ve got okay grades. Not the best, but it’s not that bad either really. What a levels have you applied to/doing? And what you wanna do in uni (if you’ve decided)? If not decided, you should at least have a baseline.
officialmay
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Eng Lang is fine since it’s a pass, unless you’re doing English or history or any essay based subjects in uni, then yes repeat.
Sannah 21
Rep:
?
(Original post by officialmay)
You’ve got okay grades. Not the best, but it’s not that bad either really. What a levels have you applied to/doing? And what you wanna do in uni (if you’ve decided)? If not decided, you should at least have a baseline.
Yh these grades are ok... just okay.... idefc tbh
Anywayygs im gonna do Business, Psychology and Spanish
I wanna do something business related
Maybe finance or business with marketing
I might combine business with psychology like a consumer psychologist sounds interesting
Sannah 21
Rep:
?
Eng Lang is fine since it’s a pass, unless you’re doing English or history or any essay based subjects in uni, then yes repeat.
I still wanna retake
officialmay
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
For finance I believe you need maths a level, that’s what I’ve heard but check it up.

And definitely you can take on any business or marketing degrees.

Psychology - you’ll definitely need that English a bit higher since it is essay based like a ton of essays. Consumer psychologist does sound intriguing.

I suggest you check up on open days and make your mind up about these interesting choices. Good luck.
Sannah 21
Rep:
?
For finance I believe you need maths a level, that’s what I’ve heard but check it up.

And definitely you can take on any business or marketing degrees.

Psychology - you’ll definitely need that English a bit higher since it is essay based like a ton of essays. Consumer psychologist does sound intriguing.

I suggest you check up on open days and make your mind up about these interesting choices. Good luck.
Thank you!
Can I attend open days this early?
I’m going to yr 12!???
officialmay
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sannah 21)
Thank you!
I’m going to yr 12!???
I just told this other year 12 student this.

YEAR 12 - Go to as many open days. Also look at uni requirements when booking the open days. Just experiment with bunch of course open days so then you’ll get a good idea on what you want to study.

SUMMER - do personal statements for uni + draft draft draft. There’s some open days if during July. Get decided definitely on what you want to study in the summer.

YEAR 13 - send off ucas in December or Jan latest so you don’t have to worry about it too much. and ONLY focus on studying, since the exams are on both year 12 and 13 learning which is a f*** load of work. You won’t even get enough sleep how the hell are you going to open days lol.
saltytablet
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Even most Russell Groups require Grade 6 in Eng Lang regardless of the course. OP Should repeat regardless.
Sannah 21
Rep:
?
I just told this other year 12 student this.

YEAR 12 - Go to as many open days. Also look at uni requirements when booking the open days. Just experiment with bunch of course open days so then you’ll get a good idea on what you want to study.

SUMMER - do personal statements for uni + draft draft draft. There’s some open days if during July. Get decided definitely on what you want to study in the summer.

YEAR 13 - send off ucas in December or Jan latest so you don’t have to worry about it too much. and ONLY focus on studying, since the exams are on both year 12 and 13 learning which is a f*** load of work. You won’t even get enough sleep how the hell are you going to open days lol.
😂😂😂😭😭😭😭😂 😂😂😂😂
Trueee but it’s all gonna work out out!...somehow 😂😂

Thanks so much for this! Really helpful! And Yh since I don’t know exactly what course to do those open says will be very beneficial
And I’m thinking internships on holidays like Easter, February or maybe just get a part time job...advice? Or I’ll see wat works for me
saltytablet
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you!
I’m going to yr 12!???
Better thing to do is check the course on the Uni's Website and check Entry Requirements to see if you need any specific GCSE Grades and/or A-Level Subjects
officialmay
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by saltytablet)
Even most Russell Groups require Grade 6 in Eng Lang regardless of the course. OP Should repeat regardless.
Agreed on that.
Sannah 21
Rep:
?
(Original post by saltytablet)
Better thing to do is check the course on the Uni's Website and check Entry Requirements to see if you need any specific GCSE Grades and/or A-Level Subjects
Yh that first then I go open days coz I wanna know these courses in person
U k
officialmay
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
😂😂😂😭😭😭😭😂 😂😂😂😂
Trueee but it’s all gonna work out out!...somehow 😂😂

Thanks so much for this! Really helpful! And Yh since I don’t know exactly what course to do those open says will be very beneficial
And I’m thinking internships on holidays like Easter, February or maybe just get a part time job...advice? Or I’ll see wat works for me
Forgot to mention but yes internships during summer would help fill in that work experience sect of your personal statement.
officialmay
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Part time job might suit you if you know you can handle both the work load of college and paid work but if the hours are not that high, shouldn’t be a problem.

I personally didn’t work part time and luckily had the luxury to only focus on studying. But if money is a factor for you, make sure to balance paid work with studying well - always prioritise studies.
Sannah 21
Rep:
?
Part time job might suit you if you know you can handle both the work load of college and paid work but if the hours are not that high, shouldn’t be a problem.

I personally didn’t work part time and luckily had the luxury to only focus on studying. But if money is a factor for you, make sure to balance paid work with studying well - always prioritise studies.
Yes ur right
And money...well Yh I want money! Also to provide for my family etc
We are decent on money u k
So maybe a part time job... I’ll consider that once I get my timetable for college and settle in first u k?
If not then internships during holidays and summer!
Thanks SO much for ur help!
officialmay
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you live in London, there’s the Buckingham palace and Windsor castle summer job which pays awfully well. Around £11/h

Either way, make sure to sign up to your local job centre then work from there.

Hope that all helped. Good night
ujabri
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I used to watch all the GCSE reaction videos 2017 and 18 and even a level results
I would just binge watch.....
But once it came to my GCSE results on Thursday I can’t even watch another GCSE reaction video.... 😣😫😩
Theyre all so smart but I just wanna be lazy u k??? I wanna earn bare money but urghhhh I’m just fckin lazyyyyy
me 😓
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University